So, my weekend plans got shot out from under me a few days ago. Let me tell you why...
My dad and brother were supposed to go to Danville this weekend for a tanking run at the Tank Museum. For those of you who have no idea what I'm yapping about, basically you have an RC scale-size tank that shoots a laser beam, and your goal is to hit other tanks with your laser, without getting hit yourself. (Or at least that's my explanation of it...). So anyway, they were supposed to leave Friday morning and come back Sunday night, leaving my mom and I to have a nice, relaxing "Girl's Weekend". Well, guess what? My brother, all of a sudden, doesn't feel like going, so they'll be at home this weekend with us...great, just great.
So, instead of a weekend of movies and pampering and relaxing with my mom, I get to spend it with the whole family - my mom, my dad and my brother, who has been really moody and loud this week. So, our plans changed.
And I'm now knee-deep in a project for the weekend, one that really needed to be done anyway. It's more of a way to stay away from my brother, which I hate to admit, but it's an important job, too. I'm cleaning all of my crap out of the attic. I pulled down a few boxes of stuff this afternoon, along with a few bags of old stuffed animals, and deposited them all in the basement. Then, I proceeded to sort it all out - what I wanted to keep, what needed to be thrown away, and what could be donated to Goodwill. I made good headway - the trunk of my mom's car is filled with stuff to be donated. I still have to re-sort all of my "keep" stuff, between what goes in my bedroom, and what goes back in the attic, but that's my next job. Then, I'll be heading back into the attic for more boxes of stuff to sort, and I'm sure we'll be making another trip or two to one of the Goodwill donation trucks in town this weekend. The next thing, after all my stuff from the attic is sorted, I plan on going through any of the toys I have stored in our garage, and sorting through that stuff, too. Then, if I manage to get all that done this weekend, I'll clean out my closet once and for all. Because I always seem to say that I'm going to clean my closet, then end up looking through all the stuff I find, and nothing gets done. And since I just semi-cleaned (which means working through one or two shelves) a few weeks ago, it should go easily. I really want it clean, like "take everything out, vacuum in it, wash the shelves, sort the stuff, and put the necessary stuff back in" kind of clean.
My other job this weekend is to watch some of the movies I've recorded and have yet to watch. Most of them are ones when I said I was recording it, my mom was like, "Oh, I would love to see that one again!" or something like that, and we both have yet to find a time that we're both not doing anything. So, we'll be watching The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II, Titanic, and Breakfast at Tiffany's, if we can find a time that suits us both (or the three of us, if my dad wants to watch The Godfather or something...) On another note, my Oscar list needs to be adjusted, because I did not get to watch Rain Man or The French Connection. Both had been recorded, but as I had other movies set to record within the next few days and no time to watch either of them, they had to be deleted. I tried watching the first half hour or so of The French Connection, but I got bored, which was exactly how my mom described it when I told her I was recording it.
Speaking of movies, my mom and I are going to see Shutter Island at Carmike today, which should be awesome. So that's one thing that didn't get changed when my dad and brother decided not to go to Danville.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I saw Singin' in the Rain a few weeks ago, and it was adorable! It's one of those movies that never gets boring, and I would have loved to have watched it a second time, if only it hadn't been auto-deleted to make room for another recording. And a couple of nights ago, I found Of Human Bondage (starring Bette Davis and Leslie Howard) on YouTube, so I watched that as well. It was really good...well, actually, I liked it more than I care to admit. I don't really enjoy Bette Davis all that much, she doesn't hold a lot of appeal to me, but maybe I just happened to watch the few movies where you're supposed to hate her character. But I have to say, the scene where she completely blows up at Leslie Howard's character is pretty neat. But I digress...it's a good movie, the plot is very neat. Oh, and It Happened One Night was adorably funny, too - I finally found time to watch it this week, and it's hilarious. It's actually one of the few romantic comedies to be nominated or win an Academy Award for Best Picture. Claudette Colbert is really pretty, and who doesn't love Clark Gable?
Oh my gosh, I've written a lot! And it's like 1:30 in the morning! Haha. Roadrunner's horoscope was right - I have definitely been staying up late this week, and tonight is no exception!
No comments:
Post a Comment