Basically, my life has consisted of being sick (which I am now pretty much cured from, thanks to prescription antibiotics from the doctor...apparently, it wasn't anything serious...Mom kept fearing bronchitis or pleurisy or something), doing my homework, and watching tv. Our most recent Netflix movies were Black Swan (very weird, but still cool) and Super 8 (pretty awesome). And most recently, Thor, which was pretty cool.
We ended up driving to Jacksonville, NC to pick up my cousin, Matt, from Camp Geiger (a branch of Camp Lejeune), and he spent Thanksgiving weekend with us. Which was fun...we ended up really just chilling out, doing a little bit of running around, and eating and all that good stuff. Mom worked at 4:00am on Black Friday, and she said it was pretty crazy, but neat, and she ended up bringing me home a couple of nice jackets that were on sale for only 6 or 7 dollars apiece.
And we went for a hike with my aunt and uncle, and I worked at Catered Affairs on Friday night, working the dinner for the football team. And then, I worked the game on Saturday, which was fun, and my aunt & uncle (who both work at the tower) ended up taking me home because Dad was helping move tables. And he ended up getting his car locked in the Senior Services lot. So, the next day, I had to drive him over there to pick it up, and then Mom and I dropped off the car at the body shop, and she got to drive around the rental, a Dodge Durango, which was the hugest vehicle I had ever seen. But very cool, because it had a back-up camera, and satellite radio, and all sorts of cool stuff. But, the car's fixed now, so we have it back.
I worked a couple of days at Catered Affairs, doing the Wake Forest School of Business luncheon on Thursday and then the Reynolda Rotary Club luncheon on Friday, and you would not believe who I saw/talked to during the rotary club event - Mrs. Hudspeth, our retired middle school gym teacher. It was crazy-weird. She's definitely mellowed since she retired because she was a lot nicer than I remembered her. But, anyway, that was interesting.
Mom, Quinn, and I helped out a Messiah Moravian's "Breakfast with Santa" on Saturday, and Quinn and I worked the reindeer food station again. Mom ended up in the adjoining room supervising the coloring-page station, and it was pretty fun. We ate at Panera afterwards, and then I helped Mom make some gift tags. And I got to listen to holiday music all day, which was nice.
On Monday, I went to the mall and did some shopping. And here's what I ended up buying...
H&M - Tan lace dress...$24.95 with a 20% off coupon brought it down to $19.96. Well, technically, I bought this the week before, but whatever.
Matching feather hairclip (also H&M)...$4.95
Delia's - Knit print sweater...originally $24.50, with a 20% off coupon, bought for $19.60. Lace trim long-sleeve shirt...originally $19.50, with a 50% discount and a 20% off coupon, bought for $7.80.
American Eagle - Skinny jeans...$29.99. Yellow cable knit sweater...originally $39.50, with a 40% discount on tops, bought for $23.70. I would have spent less, because I had a 20% off coupon, but apparently, you can't stack discounts, even if one is a store discount and the other is a coupon. Boo. By the way, all these pictures turned out really weird...the coloring is off a bit. Like, the cable knit sweater is a little darker yellow than what the picture shows...
Barnes & Noble - Ruthless (the next PLL book...yay!) and Newes from the Dead, which I just randomly picked up and thought it sounded interesting. Although, technically, I have to give it to Mom so she can wrap it and make it into a gift from my grandmother, but whatever. At least I don't have to give up Ruthless...that's all mine. :)
Since yesterday was my mom's birthday, we went over to my aunt & uncle's house and had a nice birthday dinner (lasagna, salmon casserole, salad, and strawberry cake for dessert, which I forgot how much I loved). And Mom opened all her gifts...a watch, a digital photo keychain, and chocolates from us, and a set of work-out clothes from Lynne and Herb. And Lynne and Mom both opened their ornaments from each other, and from my other aunt in Buffalo. That's their sister-thing...instead of giving gifts, they give ornaments each year.
I guess I should note that it's been a bit different around here. My parents are currently in the process of separating. I guess I should have made note of it earlier (the initial decision occurred in August), but I suppose I thought maybe they'd work it out. Well, that my dad would work it out, as he seems to be the only one somewhat happy about the whole thing, but it's not my place to say that to him. So, according to the latest discussion, Dad will be moving out at some point, but he'll be around to do some of the yardwork and things that he normally handles around here. Yes, I'm fine. To be honest, I sorta saw it coming. They'd been drifting apart for a while. So, that's my big-crazy life-change for the year. Lol.
On a much happier note, I'm having this awesome creative streak...I've been on a card-making binge. And I've actually been doing a ton of Christmas shopping. Gifts are done for my dad, almost done for my mom, done for Quinn, and almost done for Sylvia, Anita, and Emma. Well, 'done' as in 'bought'. I still have to wrap them, but I want to make that into an event. Like, turn on the holiday music, make myself a cup of hot chocolate, and just wrap.
Oh, and I have now officially signed up for the SAT...January 28, 2012. I am not looking forward to it, but I'll have to get over it. At least I'll have a buddy - Sylvia - which is awesome. Um, did I forget anything? Oh, still trying to convince Mom to take me to Seminar. Apparently, the aunts are all just letting the cousins go into the city by themselves, so the whole 'leaving Quinn with one of the aunts while we see the show' idea is out. Mom is also not interested in letting me go by myself, even if she drops me off right there at the theater and picks me up right outside. Boo. But, hopefully, maybe I can convince her otherwise...
Okay, Sylvia, how's that for a post? Still gonna hit me, huh? Or do I get off with a warning this time? Lol.





2 comments:
Alright, fine, I won't hit you... haha :) By the way, where'd you get all of those 20% off coupons? xD
I'm sorry about your parents! How come you didn't mention anything the other day? :\
The Delia's one was from the catalog, H&M was for signing up for the newsletter online, and right now, I'm sitting with that birthday one from AE...still gotta find something to buy so I can use that one. And there was a coupon for 30% off Ruthless good for about a week after it released.
And eh, I figured that was kinda a mood-killer to say anything. I didn't want to be a Debbie-Downer. Lol. :)
Post a Comment