Yes, I know it's been awhile since I really gave you guys a good (aka fairly interesting) post. Today's may be decent. Also, I'm trying out a new layout/background thing...I figured it was about time for a change.
Work is really stressing me out right now. Our new manager, Chris, is trying all sorts of new stuff around the restaurant, but most of it ends up creating more work for us than what we were doing before he implemented the new stuff. Like taking names and clothing descriptions with every order. Or organizing the mayonnaise packets at the condiment bar so that they all stand on end. Or messing with the headset so that we don't have to press the button to talk to the customer, which means you can't say anything else to anyone because every word you say is being broadcast outside.
So, in general, work is stressful. I used to enjoy it, used to look forward to going in every day, but now, I dread it more often than I look forward to it. Honestly, the only two reasons I still go to work is because of A) the money and B) my co-workers. Which brings me to my little recap of this weekend...
I got up early on Saturday, got ready, and then went over to Target to buy this dress I had been looking at. Then, I came home, removed all the tags, packed a bag, and then went to work. I worked 11:00 to 2:00 on the front line, mostly bagging for either front line or drive thru, and then got to teach Jillian how to do a birthday party, which was awesome because the party group was really nice, and Jill is just really nice and we get along really well, as if we've known each other for longer than the six months we really have.
Anyway, we finished the party, cleaned everything up, and then we left. I went home, got ready, and watched the clouds start to gather. And of course, after being sunny all day when I was cooped up inside, it started to rain twenty minutes before I left the house again, this time for something more fun. A couple of us have been trying to get together outside of work for a while now, and so we all cleared our schedules for Saturday night for a night out. So, I got someone to cover the last part of my Saturday shift, and the five of us (Jonathan, who's a manager, and CJ, Jasmine, Jillian, and myself, who are all team leaders) were planning on meeting at Starbucks and then going somewhere to eat.
So, I got there early, happened to run into my uncle, chatted for a bit while I waited, then he left, and I waited some more. Jillian texted me that she was on her way, but that Jasmine and CJ weren't going to make it, so it ended up being just me, Jillian, and Jonathan, which was pretty awesome. Jonathan drove us to Chili's, and we just chilled and ate and talked, and it felt good. Not just to finally have a Saturday night off from work and out doing something, but also to be included in a group of people that I love being around and talking with. They've only known me for six months, and we really didn't become close until just a few months ago, so it's been really great to find people who want to include me in their plans.
Anyway, we left Chili's, and after walking a million miles to get to Jonathan's car, which he parked in the neighboring parking lot, we drove back to Starbucks and got coffee, and just sat and talked and chilled out, and discussed work and books and concerts and music and just everything, which was really nice. And the manager (who knows Jonathan by name because he's the one that always makes Starbucks runs if we've had a particularly long or tiresome time at work) brought over a slice of some sort of blueberry poundcake or something for us to nibble on, which was delicious and very nice of the guy.
We ended up just sitting and talking for almost two hours before we parted ways and headed home, and it was just the nicest evening I've had in a long time.I think we'll be going out with each other more often, if we can all get off from work at the same time.
On Sunday, we celebrated Mother's Day. We ended up chilling out for most of the day, and then getting chicken wings for dinner, having Mom open her gifts (a shirt, a new wallet, and a Red Lobster gift card), and then she and my brother watched an episode of Battlestar Gallactica, and then she and I watched Silver Linings Playbook, which was cute and hilarious and I loved it. And then, we watched some the ABC Family's Harry Potter marathon before going to bed.
This morning, I got up, got ready, and then went over to Chick-Fil-A to get the water bottle/Tervis cup I'd left there on Saturday so I could wash it before my shift tomorrow. I ended up going in the back to block off a couple of days on the schedule, and poked my head into the office to talk a bit with Jonathan while he was counting money for the change drawer. And I finally got my new pants that Byron ordered me forever ago but kept getting the size wrong.
I walked up to the front with Jonathan, and grabbed my cup, and then he promo'd out the chicken minis I was going to buy, so I got free breakfast this morning because of him. And then, I went home, ate my minis, and then grabbed Quinn and we went to La Caretta to meet my mom for lunch, which was nice.
And now, I'm just chilling out at the house. Going to clean my room, watch an episode of Smash, put the crockpot on for dinner, and just hang out for the day, since I've still got the entire work week ahead of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment