Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Life is Crazy

So for those of you who did not already read this somewhere else (Facebook, Dancing in the Rain, etc.), this is what happened today:
I went to the orthodontist and had my braces taken off. I love my new smile, but for the time being, I've been scaring myself when I look in the mirror cuz I'm not used to it yet. But anyway, the braces came off, they polished the glue off my teeth, they made molds for retainers, and they took an x-ray. And when they looked at the x-ray, they found that my wisdom teeth (which for whatever reason my orthodontist said: "You have the wisdom teeth of a 24-year-old, not a 14-year-old.") are growing in kinda sideways, which is going to push up against my molars, and thus crowding my front teeth together and erasing the work from two different sets of braces. So I'm going to have to see an oral surgeon, who is probably going to have to remove my wisdom teeth in the very near future. This of course is freaking me out - I've never been "under the knife" before, and neither have I been drugged enough to be put to sleep while it happens. So right now, I'm really scared about that because I assume time is of the essence, meaning that it's going to happen pretty soon, depending on what the oral surgeon (Dr. Peoples, I think) decides.

In other, less scary, news, i just ordered a new bike from Walmart. It's a "24 inch", meaning the wheels are 24 inches in diameter, "cruiser style" bike. It's, of course, blue, with white fenders. The reason I love it is because it has coaster brakes (the ones where if you try to pedal in reverse, it brakes) cuz I have issues with the handlebar brake systems. So it should be here by the end of next week - I can't wait!

2 comments:

Maggie♥ said...

I'm jealous of the braces off part (the orthodontist told me on Monday that they'll be on for another 6 mo.) but the wisdom teeth part sucks. Just think positively - better sooner than later! A lot of people have to get their wisdom teeth out in college, and then you can sit there and laugh and claim it was no big deal! :D

Alexis said...

Ooh...good point! I'm actually feeling a little better about that now. I guess the shock of it was a lot for me...