I think I've been kinda lazy about posting...but better now than never I guess.
Okay, so let me start where I left off...Patrick's Halloween party. It was interesting to say the least. Music, candy, movies, etc. all add up to a pretty good night. Except for the fact that I couldn't fit through the basement door with my wings on...I had to pull them to my sides every time I went in or out.
Halloween was fun... we really don't get a lot of trick-or-treaters down in our neighborhood, so we decided that we weren't giving out candy. So while my mom and brother went out, my dad and I watched TV and played with Ella like any other Saturday night.
Wednesday, we went on our first field trip as homeschoolers - to the NC Zoo in Asheboro. We had quite a bit of fun. We walked to basically every exhibit that was open, had lunch, and walked some more before catching the shuttle back to the parking lot.
And on Thursday, I went to the opening Wake Forest men's basketball game at the Joel Coliseum. My dad and I met our seat-mates, the Goodmans, at Applebee's for dinner, then we drove to the game. And although it was only an exhibition game, it was fun - we have better seats than the previous years we had gone (instead of being in the top level corner section, we're in the top level middle section, right around half court). I saw Will P. as we were leaving, and I think I saw Chandler B. as we were coming in.
Friday, we went to Kohl's to look for a coat for me. I found one, although it's not a very good one (it's unlined, so it's really itchy if you have to wear short sleeves under it). But at least I have something other than my huge hoodie. We were looking through the holiday displays there when we happened upon the Hallmark ornaments display. We found one that was modeled after the "leg lamp" from the movie A Christmas Story (maybe it's "The" instead of "A", I'm not sure.... We bought that one, but we also saw one from the same movie that had Ralphie dressed in the pink bunny outfit...lol.)
So yesterday and today I was at Whistlestop with mom. Saturdays are more interesting... I made lots of ribbons/bows for wrapping gifts, probably the most I've made in one weekend. Boring, but whatever.
Oh, and I start driver's ed on Tuesday. I have to take it at North Forsyth since that's my district school. It goes for two weeks of in-class stuff, then three days of in-car after it. My dad's gonna let me drive around at my elementary school parking lot (right up the road from my house) before I do the in-car stuff, which should be very interesting...
And now for my random thing of the week: I watched a 1937 screwball comedy this week called "It's Love I'm After". It was pretty funny, not the funniest thing I've ever seen, but it had its scenes where you couldn't stop laughing.
So, yep, that's my post for today...
No comments:
Post a Comment