This year we went to my aunt & uncle's as always for Thanksgiving. We had the traditional turkey, stuffing, cranberries, veggies, pie, etc. We talked about anything and everything there was to talk about - the gym, my drivers ed, cars, latest news, etc. I had a really great time.
Today, we started decorating the house for the holidays. The tree actually went up the night before (Thanksgiving night) but we did pretty much everything else today. We brought down our two humongous nutcrackers that I swear are as tall as I am, the garland for the staircase, a few light-up villages, my personal mini-tree for my bedroom, and lots of other stuff. I was really exhausted afterward, and ended up eating our own Thanksgiving meal since my mom likes to make our own turkey & stuffing to have around the house for sandwiches and leftovers. Plus, we all think it tastes better. Then, we re-watched Merry Madagascar, which was just as funny the second time around, and watched some of the other things that we had DVRed from this week. Then, my mom and I made some more pink ribbons for Dad for work, and then said goodnight.
This week is going to be crazy. With the party coming up this Friday, I'm gonna have a lot of stuff to do, including shopping, cleaning, making food, and last minute touches. And with my dad on a business trip the last part of the week, that means that all the lights on the house have to get put up prior to his leaving, since he won't be back until the night of the party. So, I'm trying not to freak out right now...lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment