Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shopping, Basketball, & Movies (because I can't think of a better title)

Okay, so I'm trying to post a lot more often than I had been...let's see how long it takes before I slip back into my old once-a-week posting habits.

Yesterday, my dad and I went out to do some Christmas shopping. We got a few gifts for my mom. We saw a bunch of people we knew while we were out - Lauren Kent & her dad, Mr. and Mrs. Wheeler, and Savannah Jackson.Then, we came back home, and later went out to Coppola's for dinner. Mom, Dad, & Quinn watched "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", while I cleaned Ella's cage...(I had no interest in seeing that movie.)

Today, my mom and brother went to work at Whistlestop, and my dad and I wrapped gifts at home. As usual, we watched football, and worked on the crossword puzzle in the newspaper. Tonight, he and I are going to the Wake Forest vs. NC State basketball game, which is always fun. Sports is our father-daughter bonding thing.

And I have officially watched too many movies from the 1930's. Thanks to our decade's project, I've now been watching absolutely anything made in the 30's. So far, I've seen "It's Love I'm After", "Gone With The Wind", "Intermezzo: A Love Story", "Pygmalion", and "The Scarlet Pimpernel". Next will be "A Free Soul" and "The Petrified Forest", but I think I'll wait until after Christmas to watch them.

Lastly, I thought I'd share something for the holidays. In second grade, our class did a presentation for the parents, called The Twelve Days of Christmas...except with a twist. Instead of the classic "partridge in a pear tree" version, we used school items. Here's how the last verse went (for the sake of reading, I'm just going to put the 12th day, but we sang the whole thing..."On the first day of Christmas...", etc.)
"On the twelfth day of Christmas my teacher gave to me:
12 books to read, 11 waving rulers, 10 spelling words, 9 caps & hats, 8 glue sticks, 7 worksheets, 6 pairs of scissors, 5 book bags, 4 winter coats, 3 lunch bags, 2 math books, and a "4" on my report card."

Only a few more days until Christmas!

No comments: