Alright, so yeah I wanted to post on Christmas day, but things got busy...
So, on Christmas Eve, Mom, Dad, Quinn, and I went to Riverbirch Lodge for dinner. It was fun, although I swear I think it was "pick on Alexis day"...lol. We saw Maggie and her family there, then we headed out, and picking up my grandmother, went to Tanglewood to see the Festival of Lights. We had a great time...there weren't terribly many people there, so it was more relaxing than usual. Then, we dropped my grandmother back off at her house, and went home. We watched tv for a while, then we read "Twas The Night Before Christmas", put out milk and cookies, and went to bed.
The next morning, we all went out to the living room at about 9am, and opened gifts. I got a ton of stuff...lots of dvds, some lego kits, craft supplies, etc. It was great. Everyone seemed really happy with their gifts, especially Quinn, who got an iPod Touch. Then, we made lunch, and hung around until Aunt Lynne, Uncle Herb, and Granny came over for dinner. We ate a meal together, then opened gifts (I got an iTunes gift card from my aunt & uncle and some American Girl stuff from my grandmother). Then, we had apple pie and ice cream, before everyone left. We watched "A Christmas Story" before retiring to bed.
The next day (Saturday), I went over to Sylvia's house, to spend the night along with Emma and Anita. We went to the mall, had pizza, played Clue, watched SNL (the rerun of the Taylor Swift episode), talked until 4 in the morning, then got 6 hours of sleep. When we woke up, we had breakfast, then talked some more, had lunch, and then went to Carmike to see The Blind Side, which was an awesome movie! I'm either going to be dragging Dad to see it, or renting it as soon as it comes out on dvd. When I got home, I watched some football, and worked on the Sunday crossword puzzle (we still have yet to complete one...there are always a few clues we can't figure out). Then, I cleaned Ella's cage, and am now in the process of winding down for bed.
Nothing much going on this week. Dad is gonna take me out to the Wake Forest parking lot at the football stadium to do some practice driving, since he has the week off from work. We're going to the Wake vs. Richmond basketball game on New Year's Eve, and I'm planning on bringing a few friends along since our seatmates aren't going to be attending, and they're giving us their tickets. And maybe a get-together/party that night with some buds to ring in the new year...that is, if I can plan something in that short of a time span.
So, yep, that's it for now. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment