Friday, January 1, 2010

And A Happy New Year!!!

OMG! It's 2010! I officially survived another year!

So, let me start with a recap of last night. Sylvia and Aaron came to the Wake basketball game with me and dad. We had a lot of fun...visiting Anita during halftime, laughing at Naz-T Deac, and trying to find the radio signal that Aaron kept losing while listening to the play-by-play on the 101.1. Wake won (I already forgot the score...lol.) in overtime. [Ooh, random memory: according to Aaron, I am the nicest person (he knows? or in the world? I can't remember...). But anyway, yep that was definitely random.]

When we got home, everyone else started arriving - Chelsea, Shannon, Elizabeth, Alicia, Maggie, & Ryan. We played around with Sylvia's party poppers/crackers, and watched some of the performances on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve. We had pizza and chicken nuggets, and finished up with cookies and cupcakes. Then, when it was close to midnight, we made our way into the living room, and counted down the new year. When it was officially midnight, we toasted with sparking cider (in real champagne glasses) and did the annual balloon drop. Then, we messed around with party poppers (which were really explosive for whatever reason...) and watched tv for a while. Then, at 1am, Ryan left, and we took Aaron home, and Aaron and I had an intense discussion on Legos.

When I got back, the rest of the girls were playing Mario Kart, and we ended up letting Ella out for a while. We stayed up until close to 5am, listening to music, talking, and laughing. We all woke up at 11, had pancakes for breakfast, and then everyone went home. Mom, Quinn, and I returned some stuff at Target, then came home and chilled out for the rest of the evening.

So, that's what happened. Now, as it is New Years Day, and I was too busy to write post something yesterday, my recap of 2009 will come a day late. But oh well...

I guess this year has been filled with its share of both ups and downs. And I'd rather not focus on the "downs", so on to the "ups". I graduated middle school, I have a new cousin, I accomplished my goal of reading at least 8 books over the summer, my dad and I bonded more than ever (over guess what...sports!), I became closer with my relatives, and I kept in touch with my friends from Hanes. And I stayed sane...lol. But anyway, as sad as I am to see 2009 go, I look forward to what 2010 brings.

So, Happy New Year 2010 to everyone!

No comments: