Friday, February 5, 2010

A Bunch of Random Thoughts

So I'm really hoping that the power doesn't go out tonight...I especially hope it doesn't go out while I'm typing out this post. And please excuse the random topics and quick topic changes...I have lots of energy right now.

- I got my permit on Monday! So, my mom took me to the DMV, and after our number getting skipped over, and getting another number, I took my vision, signs, and knowledge tests. I obviously passed all of them, and got my picture taken and picked out all the rest of the stuff for my permit. I got a temporary 20-day permit, which I have to carry around until my actual permit gets mailed to me.
I didn't drive home or anything because of the snow, so the first time I officially drove was yesterday (Thursday), when I had to go to the orthodontist. And then I drove my bro and mom out to Krispy Kreme to get a couple dozen doughnuts for the weekend. And I managed not to crash the car!

- I am officially going to say that I'm a music junkie. I don't know what I'd do without my iPod. Or my cell phone. Or my laptop, for that matter. Alright, let's just change that to technology junkie while I'm at it. I have favorited way too many websites, videos, etc. and have sent way too many text messages and have bought way too many songs on iTunes. Haha, I have no life.

- My simple pleasure (remember the list we made in Mrs. Allman's class one day about these?) these days is doubling up on school work on Monday, and then watching movies on Tuesday or whatever day it happens to be. I found some random movie from the 1940's with Ronald Reagan in it one day, and I was like "OMG...cool!". So I watched it...it was good. Oh btw, it's called "Santa Fe Trail"...doubt anyone cares, but whatever. I love the Turner Classics channel...probably thanks to our 1930's decades project, because I am now taping practically anything from the 30's/40's that looks at least semi-interesting. Yes, call me a nerd...I don't care!

- I love Wake Forest basketball. I don't think there's anything more fun than watching Naz T Deac during a second-half timeout. And I love their half-time performances...the YMCA kids that come and play basketball some games are really good...one kid actually shot a basket close to the 3-point line and made it! And I laugh at my dad and his seatmate yelling at the refs. I have a wonderful time every game...

- I'm sick of all the snow and slush and ice and everything. It's so uncharacteristic of me...I would normally give just about anything to see snow. Now, with a few systems under our belt so-to-speak, snow is just a pain in the butt. I would love to see grass again soon!

- And this one, well, this one's just random...but I decided to put it up anyway. Excuse the length, but I'm copying directly from a magazine, and there really wasn't a way to shorten it.
I bought an "M" Magazine like almost 2 weeks ago. I laugh every time I get a magazine because I always go straight to the horoscopes, even though they never get the prediction right.
So I had to laugh at this one, my February love horoscope: "Happy Birthday, Aqua Girl! Thanks to a full moon and your ruling planet, Uranus, everything is aligned to make this your best month yet! And right around Valentine's Day, a shy sweetie is heading your way! He's attracted to your charming personality and your big smile, so don't be surprised when he sweeps you off your feet. The planets indicate that this one is a keeper! Total swoon!"
And my "flirt 411" also compliments of "M": Guess what? Your crush is totally nervous to talk to you, so be your outgoing self and make the first move! By writing him a flirty note in class or sending him a sweet text, he'll feel way more comfortable around you and will want to spend tons of time together. Both of you will be amazed with how much you have in common!"
My love match this month is Taurus (birthday between April 20 and May 20). My lucky days are 1/28 (which wasn't really all that special, come to think of it) and 2/22.
So I laughed..and my decision of the year comes into my head: to love or to hate Valentine's Day? Well, I think I'll leave that for my next post...

Alright, I hope you've survived my whirlwind post...bye for now!

No comments: