I think this weekend has been one of the most fun weekends of my life.
Emma, Anita, and Sylvia came over Friday evening to celebrate. We went out to Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse for dinner, where everyone told the waiter that it was my birthday, and so I got sung to and got a piece of cake out of it, along with the humiliation of the whole restaurant (and it really was quite packed) staring at me. But I guess it was worth it.
And so after dinner, we went back home and listened to music and read magazines and I opened my gifts (Anita got me an iTunes gift card and a travel bag, Sylvia a Border's gift card, and Emma a shrinky dinks jewelry kit, which I can't wait to open and test out...) until I got roped into being the subject of a makeover. Yes, a makeover. And as a girl that has only worn real makeup (other than concealer) one time in her life, this was a big deal. I had to give in, because I knew that every time we got together, the idea would pop into someone's head. (Yes, Emma, Sylvia, and Anita had already gotten the idea into their heads at the sleepover at Sylvia's house just after Christmas, and I wouldn't let them at the time.) And so, here I was, seated on the floor of my room, with Anita sitting in front of me, putting on foundation, and eyeliner, and mascara, and lipgloss. Of course, I have to say, the finished look was pretty nice, simple, and sweet-looking. And now, by the request of all three of them, I have to go makeup shopping, which makes no sense since I barely go anywhere, with homeschool and all. But whatever.
So, after the makeover, we had cake and ice cream (which by this time, it was like 11:30...) and then set up camp in my room, and talked for a while before Emma and Anita fell asleep. Sylvia read, while I listened to songs on my iPod, and then we talked for a while longer before going to bed around 2am.
We all woke up around 10:45 the next morning, and had french toast for breakfast before everyone left. Then, I watched True Lies and Space Cowboys with my family before going to bed.
Then, on Sunday, my birthday, I woke up and turned on my radio to 105.7 and guess what song was on? Fifteen by Taylor Swift...I couldn't believe it! It was extremely fitting. A while later, I went out to the hill on my street and went sledding with my bro and our neighbor. It was fun, until my mom and I raced Quinn and Austin down the hill, and I got snow all over me. But it was still fun. When we came in, we had dinner (spaghetti and meatballs with salad and garlic bread), then watched Disturbia and 1408, both of which I had seen before, but they still kinda scare me. I opened the gifts from my parents, a Lego Toy Story set, a Geocaching thing, and money. I love them. I wrote thank you cards while I let Ella out to play, and then went upstairs to go to sleep.
So, overall, I had so much fun this weekend. Next up - Valentine's Day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment