Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm Still Awake...

...as to why, I have no idea.

Well, first off, please excuse the random jumpy topics that I feel coming. I'm writing this at 12:30 in the morning, and that's the time when my brain is half asleep but also produces some good thoughts. Well, maybe not good, just semi-okay. Now, onto the writing...

This week has been really nice. Mom gave us the week off from homeschool, and so I have been happily watching movies the whole time. I think - no, let's rephrase that - I am movie-obsessed now, particularly when it comes to pre-1960's/70's stuff. Actually, I just hit the 50 mark on pre-1970 movies, but that's beside the point. (I know everyone's probably getting annoyed that all my posts have some sort of movie referenced in them...sorry. I wish I had something better to talk about, but I really don't.)

We went to Goober's 52 for dinner last night and then drove over to Wake Forest to see my dad's fraternity brother, who's in town visiting his son, who goes to Wake. We ended up having to wait in the car for a while, so we had lots of fun watching the students who were walking around campus. And talking about how expensive tuition is - when my dad went there, it was around $2,500 a year, nowadays, it's around $35,000 a year. Crazy...

Oh, I forgot to include this in my last post, and I didn't really feel like going back and re-editing, so here it is. If nothing else, if we all grow apart and become interested in different things, and don't have anything else to talk about, the group of us (Emma, Sylvia, Alicia, Natalie, Maggie, Chelsea, Anita, and I) will always have The Little Mermaid. [If you have no idea what I'm talking about, the simple explanation is that it's an inside "joke".]

Today, since it's supposed to be really nice out, my mom and I are going to go over to my aunt's pool to start building up a tan. And I am seriously looking forward to it, just laying in the sun. Haha, what a life...

Alright, here's the point where I sign off and say goodnight, because I'm finally starting to feel tired. Bye y'all!

4 comments:

Sylvia♥ said...

Haha, it's okay. My posts are all about Logan Lerman, so I forgive you for your movie obsession. You should watch My One and Only - it was filmed like last year, but set in 1953. It's a really good movie. Renee Zellweger and, er, Logan Lerman are in it.

Haha, YES. And if our future jobs all fail, we won't have acting to fall back on! :)

Have fun tanning!

Alexis said...

Haha...you and your Logan Lerman. I'll see about My One and Only...right now I have WAY too many movies recorded on our DVR to even think about another one.

Well, you guys have acting to fall back on, I don't. I can't act at all; I would love to, but I'm just not good at it.

Tanning was good, except that I got sunburned on like one side of my body...forgot to turn my chair as the angle of the sun changed. Going back 2moro (even with the burn) and getting the other side.

Sylvia♥ said...

Haha, sounds like fun! Check your email, by the way.

Haha, I don't either! I'm not very good at it.. :)

Alexis said...

But you are really good at acting! Me, I get stagefright and start shaking and then forget my lines. It sucks...but oh well.