So, semi-finalist voting is going on now for that writing contest I entered...and guess who made it into the top twenty? Yep, yours truly! They've been releasing five entries each day that have made the cut, and they haven't told the winners in advance, so it was a complete surprise when I looked on the blog tonight to find my story listed among the Round 3 group. There's a twenty-four hour voting period for each group of five, and then, the five winners (who have the highest number of votes) will go up against each other, and three of them will win the top prize.
So, if you see this within the next day or so, I'd appreciate it if you'd go ahead and read some of the stories. And maybe vote for mine, Escape, if you truly like it the best. Okay, I know that's horrible of me to say, because this is really not a popularity contest...not that I'm popular...but it'd be pretty awesome if I got into the next round...and now, I'm off on some crazy rant.
http://blog.figment.com/2012/02/18/seminar-contest-semi-finalists-round-3/
Really, though, Figment is really awesome. It's given me the confidence to actually post a piece of my writing for all the world (okay, so maybe that's a little overdramatic) to see. And hey, it's actually kinda getting noticed, at least by the Figment team that voted on the top twenty.
No comments:
Post a Comment