Okay, I know I need to do another recap post...I promise, I'll get to it soon. I thought I was going to have some stuff to write about, but it's been a bit boring lately. Well, not boring, just normal. But, I'll get something going soon.
For now, though, I did promise another post about Smash, and the songs written for the in-show musical, Bombshell, about Marilyn Monroe. First up, a song from one of the rehearsals, Don't Say Yes Until I Finish Talking, featuring Christian Borle.
Derek and Karen went behind everyone's backs to stage Touch Me, thinking that the show needed to explore a darker side of Marilyn's sexuality. As it turned out, everyone was so angry at them for going behind their backs that they canned the idea immediately. But I still like the song.
Don't Forget Me, from the season finale, was amazing. I just...there are no words. I'm really curious as to whether Ivy's really going to commit suicide or not. Ugh, I've gotta wait until next season...I hate cliffhangers.
And I really wasn't going to do four (and technically this isn't a Bombshell number), but the whole "Derek hallucinating Karen as Marilyn" thing was so hilarious and weird that I couldn't resist posting the video of Our Day Will Come.
I promise to post something that isn't TV, music, or movie-related soon. But, for now, enjoy all the pretty Smash songs that get stuck in my head...lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment