Thursday, June 28, 2012

One Last Post For June...

Well, as promised, here's one last post for June.

So, basically, it's been a pretty normal week. Just hanging out and relaxing. Went out and pulled weeds one day, so I actually did something productive. I went out and ran some errands...picked up some stuff for my brother's birthday next weekend, and some stuff for the NY trip. I really should start packing soon...but you know me, I wait until the very last minute no matter what it is - schoolwork, packing, whatever.

In other news, my dad almost got a puppy. He thought it might be a good idea for my grandmother to have someone to keep her company, and he and my aunt went to the Adoption and Rescue Foundation and were interviewed by the people there, and when we went over last Thursday for dinner, two ladies came over and brought Wally, this adorable little puppy, and he was so cute and mellow and sweet. And they said that they would bring him over Saturday and that he would be officially ours. And then, Friday, my grandmother decided that she really didn't want the puppy in the house, and we had to pull out of the deal. But whatever.

I ended up getting a new outfit from Target a while back, and somehow failed to post anything about it. It's pretty awesome. Please excuse the ugly, white bra...when I really wear it, I use my black one, with this clear plastic piece that converts it to something similar to a racerback.


Also, I completed another video and uploaded it to YouTube, but YouTube changed their format and there's a problem with the video editing page because I can't change my video thumbnail to either of the two alternate options. Stupid YouTube. But, it's uploaded and that's one less unfinished video I have in my Sony Vegas folder. Woo-hoo.

Today, I went over to the optometrist's office for an eye exam. A couple of months' ago, I broke one of the (I have no idea what you call it...legs, arms...you know, the piece the goes from your ear to the actual lens) things off its mount, but I was able to put it back in, and it stays pretty well, except it does pop off every once in a while, and it's annoying. And we apparently can't get a copy of my prescription or get the frames replaced without going for an exam.

So, we went over there this morning. Apparently, I'm actually less nearsighted than I was before...hopefully, it's not just due to me possibly squinting at the eye chart a little (oops). And I have a little bit of astigmatism, which is supposedly nothing to worry about, or at least nothing that can't be fixed with glasses. It just has to do with the curvature of my cornea or something, and according to Wikipedia, "astigmatism is an optical defect in which vision is blurred due to the inability of the optics of the eye to focus a point object into a sharp focused image on the retina."

So, we got my prescription, and then went over to IFB to take a look at their selection of frames, since they don't carry the frames I'm currently using anymore. I ended up finding three I really liked - a full-framed brown and blue one, a half-framed red/burgundy one, and a half-framed purple/mauve-ish one that I can buy a magnetic clip-on for that has dark-tinted (aka sunglasses) lenses. The guy also showed me how I can pop the tinted lenses out and just use the mauve frame, so technically, it's a three-in-one (half-frames, full-frames, and sunglasses), which was neat, but I'm not sure if I completely love it.


These are the brown and blue-ish full-frames. (Please excuse the white part on the left side of my face, that's the tag on the glasses.)


The red/burgundy half-frames.


The purple/mauve half-frames (I know, they're pretty similar to the red/burgundy ones, which I liked better in the half-frame aspect).


But they have magnetic sunglasses that attach to the front! (Now that I look at them in the picture, they're really not that nice-looking. Hmmm.)

I didn't make a decision on anything yet. I actually want to head back over to the eye doctor's and see about trying for contacts again. I tried three and a half years ago, but couldn't get them in, but I think now with putting on makeup, that I might be more comfortable with putting the lenses near (and on) my eyes. So, we'll see if we can make an appointment when we come back from vacation, and if, for some reason, I can't get the contacts in again, I'll already have some ideas as to what glasses I want.

I went over to Sylvia's to get my nails done this afternoon. I gave her a birthday present, her $5 nail fee (totally worth it), and my copy of Stunning for her to borrow. She gave me a really adorable white blouse (I might wear it this week on vacation, actually), amazing stars & stripes nail art, and her copies of The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close to borrow. And we visited for a while, which felt really good. I haven't done much socializing lately, so it was nice to sit and talk with someone, especially Sylvia, because she's awesome.

So, they're just gorgeous, right? I mean, seriously, this girl's got some talent. Thank you, Sylvia!

Ugh, my list of stuff to do tonight is insane - besides picking up Mom from work, and then going to Party City to pick up some birthday party stuff for my brother, and then coming home and having dinner, I have to: clean Ella's cage, put a few songs on my iPod, do most of my packing (clothes, toiletries, makeup, accessories, electronics), charge my camera, iPod, and cell phone, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something because that doesn't seem like everything. But, whatever I don't finish tonight, I can always do tomorrow morning and early afternoon, because we're not leaving until 2 or 3.

Tomorrow, well, it'll be busy, that's for sure. I'm getting up at 5:45 in the morning to take my mom to work, then coming back to the house, probably getting another hour or two of sleep, and then I'll get up and get ready, and then I want to finish packing (obviously). My mom will come home from Enterprise with the rental car, and then we'll finish getting everything together, eat lunch, and pretty much get on the road. Probably eat dinner at the Shoney's in Summersville (I don't remember which state that's in, but it's about three and a half hours down the road), and then try to get another few hours of driving in after that. Stop at a hotel, and finish up the drive in the morning. Yay for vacation...I need it.

I'll try and post sometime during the week. I'm sure I'll have some down-time to write out a post, so that instead of one, super-long, annoying post about my vacation, you'll have two shorter, hopefully less annoying posts. :)

No comments: