Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Starting To Feel Like Summer...

Alright, alright, yes, I do realize it's almost the end of June, and that it's been almost three weeks since I last posted anything. Believe me, if I could take those weeks back, I'd love to. Summer's passing by way too fast for my liking.

So, what have I been up to in three weeks time? Not much and a whole lot, at the same time. Ironic, huh? I've been doing some babysitting for my mom's co-worker...her kids are so fun. I did seven and a half hours one day, and then another four and a half one day the next week. Plus, she asked me to house-sit for her while they go to the beach in late July, so I'm getting two hundred dollars to feed their cat, dog, and chickens, and spend the nights at their house because the dog can't be left alone overnight.

My mom had an appointment with the lawyer during the second babysitting day, so she took the car (easier to park downtown), and I got to drive my aunt's truck, which was the most amazing thing in the entire world. I drove around in a white t-shirt and faded denim shorts, listening to (and belting out) country on the radio, and I felt like a redneck, and it was so cool. Life's simple pleasures, huh?

Recently, we've been watching a lot of movies through Netflix. In the Land of Blood and Honey was really good, One for the Money was hilarious, Man on a Ledge was awesomely suspenseful, Gone was really cool, The Big Year was just really cute and funny, John Carter was decent, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close was really poignant, Beginners was sweet. We're getting This Means War next, which should be pretty funny, too.

Also, my brother made us do a Lord of the Rings marathon a couple weekends ago, so we watched all three films - one on Friday, one on Saturday, took Sunday to watch a Netflix movie, and then watched the third film over the course of Monday & Tuesday night. We were watching the extended editions, so I think the shortest film time was three hours and fifteen minutes, and the third one was about four hours long, but there were some really good extended or deleted scenes added in that really fleshed out the characters and the plot very well.

My brother and I finally started Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 on the Xbox 360, and we're already through the fifth year, and about halfway through the sixth year, but it's fun. We enjoy it, and it gives him something to do, considering half the day, all he complains about is how bored he is.

And woo-hoo! Pretty Little liars is back on! So far, I'm liking the third season, and I especially loved how the premiere of season three echoed the very first episode of the series. Some of the music was the same, some of the scenes were similar, Aria even wore the same outfit in one scene. I'm currently halfway through reading the newest book, Stunning, and it's pretty good so far, although I think the series as a whole is starting to get a bit stale, but I'll follow it to the end anyway.

I think it's also wise to note that I got a really bad sunburn last weekend, but now, it's fading, and yay, I'm actually tan! Well, except for my sides, I can never seem to tan my sides as well as my front and back, but whatever. Meanwhile, my brother's practically a vampire, but at least we got him to the pool this past weekend, and he spent a couple hours in the water, playing with the frog that's now made himself at home at my aunt's pool.

And now, I'm counting down the day until we leave for New York, to see my mom's family for Fourth of July. We're leaving Friday the 29th, so there's only about a week and a half left to go! I'm so excited that I've already started my packing list. Okay, so it's not a packing list, it's a list of all the outfits I'm thinking about packing, but that's practically the same thing, right?

Well, I think I've run out of things to talk about. Which is weird, considering I had three weeks of stuff to write about, and this is still a relatively short post. I'm sure I'll find something else to write about soon, and I promise I'll post something before the end of the month/before I leave for New York. Because I can't stand only having one post for June.

No comments: