Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Don't Know What To Post About...

Ah, crap. Another week gone by and I still have yet to post in accordance with my weekly posting pact. Well, here goes nothing.

I am literally doing nothing right now, which feels insanely good. I think we're waiting to start school until after we get back from our mini beach trip next week, since we've got a lot on our plates before we leave. Mom's working most evenings, and we have just not been able to get ourselves organized in the little down-time we have. Basically, we just want to sit and have dinner and watch tv with each other, and maybe work on a puzzle or watch a movie or just sleep. Lol, we're so fun.

Anyway, so we also have to prep for getting our picture taken for our yearly photo sculptures. We thought we were going to get ahead of it this year, and have the outfits picked out and everything ready before October, which is when they normally do them. But, the woman called and said they're doing them early this year, and that Kingswood (where Quinn and I went to preschool and where we've been getting them done practically every year) is doing theirs next Tuesday, the 18th.

So, it's working out just like it always does with us. I get to wear whatever I have in my closet that I like, and then we buy an outfit for Quinn to match it. So, I'm planning on wearing my new light blue lace dress from Delia's, with a pair of tan/nude wedges, and I don't know if I'm going to do a jacket or not. Or maybe no jacket and some cute jewelry or something. (Sylvia, you need to help me! Lol.) And I think we're going to put Quinn in a white button-down, black pants, black shoes, and either a blue tie to match my dress or some other pastel to contrast it. Pics to come afterwards. Probably.

Other random news... Our most recent Netflix rental, Dream House (with Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz), was pretty cool. I just finished And Then There Were None, which was awesomely cool. I really had no idea right up until the very end. I don't know if it's meant to be like that or if I'm just that clueless, but it was pretty cool just the same. I love my contacts...it's funny because I'm able to put the left one in quicker/easier than the right, but I'm able to take the right one out quicker/easier than the left. Must be the angle or something.

My mom and I are marathon-watching the second season of Downton Abbey, since the third season premieres in the UK this Sunday. It premieres in the US in January, but I am not waiting that long. I'm currently working on finding a way to watch them, either by finding a website that has uploaded them for others to download, or by watching it on the official UK website, which means I have to find a way to trick their servers into thinking I'm residing in the UK, because you can only watch their videos if you live in the UK. So, I'm working on configuring this anonymity program called Tor to work with Flash without giving away my real IP address. If that doesn't work...well, we can watch the first episode on Tunnelbear for free, and then, I'll have to find an alternative method.

Not much else going on. Just trying to get organized. I cannot wait for the fall. There was something I read on Tumblr somewhere about "I want fall to be here now. I hate feeling like hot, sticky, sweaty, gross death all the time. I want pumpkin spice lattes, and cashmere sweaters, and chilly days" or something to that effect, which I thought was a pretty accurate description of my feelings. I cannot wait to stop feeling icky everytime I go outside for even a few minutes. I want to wear jeans and sweaters. I want to watch the leaves change colors.

Alright, I think I've rambled on long enough for one day, don't you think? Anyway, hopefully, I'll find something better to write about for my next post, which hopefully, will come before the one-week mark.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I CAN HELP! Except I need a visual. And a catalog of your clothing/accessories ;)

Alexis said...

Haha, it's alright. I think I'll just do something simple with it...maybe a bit of silver jewelry or a nice pair of earrings. I'll send you a pic though...so you can at least give me your opnion on what it needs. :)