Okay, so this weekend has been really busy, actually. Quick recap, because I have no idea what else to write about.
So, I got a haircut on Friday...just a trim up, nothing more, but it still feels significantly shorter, but I guess I like it. We spent the day running errands, and then my mom and my aunt went to pick up my aunts from the airport. They were flying in from NY for the weekend, to visit and celebrate my mom's birthday and make Christmas cookies. So, then, we visited for a bit, and then we went to bed.
On Saturday, I went in to work to do a party in the morning, and my mom, brother, and aunts came in and had breakfast and laughed at me when I had to get in the kid cow outfit, and the birthday party was kind of boring. Then, I went home for a few hours, then came back to Chick Fil A to do a second birthday party, this one in the afternoon.
Dillon and I both worked it, and though it was supposed to be a large party for 20 kids, only 12 showed, so it ended up being a bit of a bust. Dillon's a very nice guy, though. He's pretty funny...he reminds me a bit of my cousin's friend, Brandon, in that sarcastic way.
So, Saturday night, we went to my aunt's for dinner, opened gifts, and had cake and ice cream to celebrate my mom and my aunt's birthdays (my mom's is the 15th, my aunt's is the 31st). And we spent the evening chilling out and hanging out, which was fun.
On Sunday, we went over to Marshall's to poke around, and my aunts ended up buying me a dress and jacket for our New Year's Eve party at my aunt's house later this month, which was awesomely nice. Then, we went back to the house, had lunch, and then I drove my aunts and Quinn out to the mall, and we poked around and did some shopping, and then went to Kohl's and did some more shopping before heading back home. I got ready, and then Mom and I went to the Chick Fil A Christmas party.
It was a ton of fun. They had a picture area, where they had different props all on sticks (glasses, hats, beards, etc) and you could get your picture taken in this frame thing, which was fun. They had a guessing game out, where you could put in your guess as to how many peppermint candies were in the jar, and the winner got a prize.
Then, we had dinner, and dessert, and then they played a cool little game. Each table got one candy cane filled with Hershey kisses, and the object was to pass the candy cane to the left or to the right every time you heard 'left' or 'right'. Our kitchen manager, Travis, read Twas The Night Before Christmas, but they had added in some 'left's and 'right's to the story, like "the prancing and pawing of each little left and right hoof". Whoever was left with the candy cane at each table at the end of the story got a prize. Miss Lisa, our day-time dining room lady, won at our table.
Then, they announced that Ashley had won the peppermint candy guessing game, and then, Meg and Taylor came up to announce their Team Member awards, which were hilarious. It's not serious at all, it's more just joking around, but it was so awesome. They gave out water bottles as awards, with the name of the award written on a slip of paper inside.
They named Daniel and Matt the best couple, since they're always in the back talking about how awesome their latest workout was or whatever. Lori, one of our marketing ladies, got the Crossover Award, for learning the register. Jonathan got an award for taking a little too long to clean things. Zach got the Whistle While You Work Award, and then couldn't whistle on command when he went up to accept it. Becca got a special award...Ain't Got No Time for Becca, or something like that. My mom got the Show Some Teeth Award. Edgar, one of our kitchen guys won the Mucho Relaxed Award. Jillian won the Probation Award.
And then, Mr. Moore and his wife spoke for a bit, and then we all said goodnight and left, picking up our (what I'm dubbing) cocoa trees (clear glass tree-shaped jars with hot cocoa mix, chocolate chips, and marshmallows in them) on the way out. We came home, and visited with my aunts for a bit before going to bed.
On Monday, my aunts left in the morning, and then I went out in the afternoon to run some errands, and then came home, got changed, and went to work at 4:00. And it was so slow. They had four thousand people scheduled...so many that they sent Tyler home half an hour after he'd clocked in. I was out in the dining room, and I had to find stuff to do to keep busy. I took my break around 5:30, and sat with Jonathan and Kristen in the break area, and chatted for a bit. Apparently, Jonathan was pushing for me to get the Probation Award, which was neat to hear.
So, I ended up restocking the condiment bar, and cleaning tables, and getting refills for the rest of the night, and went home about 15 minutes early because I had nothing left to do. I came home, had a second dinner because Mom had picked up Arby's, and then cleaned Ella's cage and went to bed.
On Tuesday, I got called in to work the lunch rush, because there was a bus of 70 Meadowlark chorus kids coming in at 12:15, so I worked like crazy, and then went home, got changed, wrapped a few gifts, and then took Quinn back to Chick Fil A to get a picture with the Santa Cow, and then we went to my grandmother's to go pick out a Christmas tree and decorate her house with my dad.
Wednesday was normal, except that by the time I got to work at 4:00, I was starting to lose my voice from this partial cold I have, so that sucked. By the end of my shift, I could barely talk, which sucked, and to make matters worse, I woke up this morning and could barely talk at all. Hoping that it comes back by tomorrow morning...otherwise, I am definitely going to have to have someone take my Friday evening shift.
I think my computer has a virus. It is super slow, doesn't do what it's supposed to, and my email is acting up. So, if you get any emails from me asking for money, they're fake. I think I'll end up having to get Mom to call Summit's IT guy to see if he can just restore it to factory settings, and I'll probably spend the next few days saving all my important documents to discs. Sucks.
Anyway, nothing much going on. A couple more shifts at work, then Christmas, one shift at work, then I'll be leaving for New York for New Years...wow, time sure does fly.
No comments:
Post a Comment