Oh, crap...so, it's been awhile since I last posted...whoops. I don't really think there's much to write about, but I wanted to get on here anyway and just post a couple of things, for posterity's sake.
I have literally been working every day. Like, I worked five and quarter hours last Monday, eight and three quarter hours last Tuesday, six and a half hours on Wednesday, three hours on Thursday, four hours on Friday, six hours on Saturday, five hours on Monday, and four hours today. It's been crazy.
Tuesday was especially tough, because I was originally only supposed to go in for two and a half hours to cover part of another girl's shift, but then, my manager called that morning and asked if I could work two and a half hours past my original time, and then, we were so busy that the owner asked if I could stay through dinner because they had family night and Jefferson Middle spirit night going on. So, I didn't even get a break, but one of the team leaders ordered pizza after the chaos had ended, so I got pizza instead.
Wednesday was funny...one of the guys that work there, Jonathan, put me on "Sorry Probation" because apparently, I apologize too many times when I bump into someone behind the counter, or almost hit them with the swinging door to the kitchens, or whatever. So, he was basically watching me like a hawk the whole day, making sure I didn't say it, and catching me when I did. It was hilarious.
I got called in on my day off on Thursday, to work lunch, and so I went in and worked front-line for three hours. Emily sent me back to the fridge to stock salad dressings for front-line and while I was back there, my manager caught me and told me that they were giving me a raise on my hourly wage, so that was awesome, considering that I've only been working there about two months. Also, I learned that "Sorry Probation" does indeed last more than one day, as Jonathan and Emily were still on top of catching me when I apologized.
Friday was supposed to only be a two-hour day. I got in at noon, and did drinks for drive-thru for an hour, which I'd never done before and was really fun. Basically, they have someone outside with a headset and an iPad-thing, and they take the orders outside. Then, you have someone inside making drinks, and they have a headset as well so they can communicate with the person outside, in case someone orders a half sweet, half unsweet tea (which comes up as "sweet tea, split") or a half tea, half lemonade, or if they want a fork with something that normally doesn't come with a fork, or want a gift card or whatever.
So, I did drinks while Nathan went outside to take orders for the first hour, and then I got sent to work front-line and my manager asked me to stay late...I think because the managers were interviewing someone and doing inventory and they were afraid they were going to be understaffed or something.
And so I spent my afternoon taking orders and restocking sauces and cups and occasionally checking the dining room and getting ice. Which leads me to my other funny Jonathan-related story of the week. He was in the back making lemonade, which, since our lemonade is fresh-squeezed, we make in the afternoons, and the ice machine is right next to the station where they set up to make the lemonade.
So, the first time I went back to fill the ice bucket, he dropped/threw a lemon rind at me. Every time I came back to refill the bucket after that, he would offer me another lemon rind, so I got a kick out of that. Oh, the little things that keep you sane at work.
I worked lunch on Saturday, and then hosted a birthday party for fourteen kids, and that was pretty fun. I housesat for Jeannie this past weekend, so I basically spent the weekend at her house, feeding the dog and the chickens and all that. I worked again on Monday, first doing drinks in drive-thru with Jonathan on headset outside, and saw Sylvia out the window, and then on window for a while, and then on front-line. Today, I went in for about four hours, and really just ended up doing front-line the whole day.
Oh! And I bought a car! Haha, so we've been looking around for a while, and my mom and my uncle went to look at one on Saturday, and the guy at the dealership let us keep it for the weekend to get the feel for it, and so, I went on Monday after work to buy it! It's a red 2003 Pontiac Grand Am, and it's pretty nice. So, I now have my own car! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment