Sunday, November 25, 2012

Busy Thanksgiving Week...

Well, crap. I did not mean to go a whole week without posting. I blame holiday busy-ness... So, quick recap of what I did this week.

Anyway, as usual, I put in a ton of hours at work. Worked an eight-hour shift on Saturday, during which I worked two birthday parties (and thus got to be the kid-cow twice), and did a bunch of other stuff, and it's all making me so tired.

Thanksgiving was nice...we got up, watched the parade, had lunch, prepared some food, re-watched some of the parade, and then prepped for dinner. My aunt and uncle came over, and we had a great time eating and talking and all that.

We celebrated with my dad's side of the family on Friday, which involved a deep-fried turkey and a ton of sides and desserts and everything, and just chilling out and hanging with the family, which was nice.

So, I spent my week constantly checking Ebay...I put a set of dolls and some of their clothes up for auction, and figured I'd be lucky if one or two things sold. Well, two things sold within the first day, and then all but one of my eight listings sold! I had five outfit sets, one pair of dolls, and two pieces of furniture, and by the end, only one of the furniture pieces was unsold! So, I made about 250 dollars just from selling all my stuff, which is awesome.

Oh! So, we're officially going to my aunt's in NY for New Year's, and we're officially going into NYC for a day. Because we stayed up until one in the morning Thanksgiving night (after all the turkey and pie and stuff) to buy show tickets. So, we're going into the city on Wednesday, January 2nd, and my mom let me convince her to let us see two shows, if I paid for the tickets for one of them, which I was so willing to do.

So, we're seeing War Horse in the afternoon, at Lincoln Center on 65th, which I am so excited about, because 1) I loved the movie, and 2) I cannot wait to see the puppet-work. And then, we're planning on having dinner in the theater district, and then heading the the Walter Kerr Theater on 48th to see The Heiress, which I am really looking forward to because of the cast. One of the actors from Downton Abbey, Dan Stevens, is playing one of the leads, opposite Jessica Chastain in her Broadway debut, and I don't think there's any question that we'll be hanging around afterwards to try and get autographs.

Um, I think that's all the news-worthy stuff going on right now. I'll try to post again soon...I have Thursday off from work, so maybe then?

No comments: