Well, so I've actually got a few things to blog about, so yay!
Work has been crazy. Like, I worked Thursday, which was Spirit Night for Jefferson Elementary, so it was busy. And then I worked Friday, and Jessica asked me to drive to the Stanleyville Chick Fil A to get shake base and ice cream mix and forks. And Saturday was just, well, crazy. I was scheduled from 8:00am to 2:00pm, and I got there and Jasmine asked me to do a few things (cut lemons and make a few brownie sundae cups) and Byron asked me to make a gallon of unsweet tea and change the trash.
And then Sandra, one of our marketing ladies, asked if I would be interested in learning how to do birthday parties, and I said yes, so she showed me what the party applications look like, and how I should set up the dining room (there was a party going on that morning), and I helped her with that. I made drinks, and brought out food, and then made ice cream cups for the kids. And then I got to suit up in the kid cow outfit and go out to greet the partygoers, which was kinda awesome.
So, I'm now officially doing kid cow, so if y'all happen to stop by one day (like this coming Saturday, because there are a couple of parties going on), and the kid cow is out, it just might be me inside. Also, I got hugs from Sandra and a high-five from Mr. Moore, the owner, because I'm now doing kid cow.
Oh, yes, and Saturday was busy. There was some basketball tournament going on or something, so we kept getting bus-loads of kids coming in. I was working front-line for one rush, and then Tyler and I did dining room for the afternoon, which was insane. It was just a matter of maintaining the dining area - cleaning tables the moment someone got up to leave, restocking the condiment bar, taking out the trash.
Also, yours truly can still fit inside the tunnels in the playplace. Yep, I was cleaning the dining room and some lady came out of the play area to tell me that her daughter was up in the top part and was scared to come down. So, I climbed up inside, and helped her down the slide, and I spent the rest of the day laughing because it was just such a random thing. I ended up staying 45 minutes past the end of my shift, just so I could clean some trays and stuff like that. When I finally got home, we chilled for a bit, and then went to the mall for a few things before going to Coppola's for dinner, and then, I just basically crashed when I got home.
Today was fun. I got up, got ready, and then we went to the grocery store. We did our Thanksgiving shopping, picked up McDonald's for lunch, went home, put the groceries away, ate, and then I started on my project for the day, which was putting some stuff on Ebay. So, my mom and I put together a couple of pieces of posterboard, and I got to taking pictures, and then uploading, cropping, and editing.
And then, I finally started making my listings. So, in total, I had eight separate listings - one set of dolls, five outfits, and two pieces of furniture. The best part of the evening came when I listed a set of holiday outfits for the Bitty Twins I was selling. I got the listing confirmation email at 7:14, and by 7:17, someone had hit the "Buy It Now" button on it and it was sold.
So, I spent the evening listing things, and then printing the shipping label for my sold outfit set, and we'll be taking it to the post office tomorrow. And with one bid already on the dolls, I know I'll be selling them too. I'm hoping everything sells, both for the money and for the fact that I can get them out of the house.
Alright, so this week...I'm working Monday and Wednesday during lunch, and Saturday 8:00am to 3:00pm. Thanksgiving with my mom's family on Thursday, my dad's family on Friday. Other than that, not much going on, but I've got a mile-long to-do list, so that should keep me busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment