Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Working And Shopping...

Right, so I'm doing this now, so that I don't have the pressure to blog this Saturday, because I'm going to be working the next few nights, as well as Saturday morning/early afternoon.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to say, other than that I've been working. I put in just over 30 hours over the past two weeks, and am set to put in about 20 hours just this week alone, so needless to say, I've been busy with work. The highlight of my day today was Sylvia coming in, which was awesome! I love when I get to see a friendly face!

Also, the owner of the restaurant was in today, and told me that he was very pleased with the way I've been working, and that he's happy that I'm with the company, and that also made my day because when the owner notices, then you must be doing something right. So, today was a really good day.

Oh, I went shopping on Monday. I worked during the day, and came home to find a 40% off one item coupon from H&M in my email, good for three days only, so I convinced my mom to take my brother to the mall (we had to go to Pier 1 anyway to shop for ornaments), and so, I got to go shopping. I picked out a dress (see below), knowing that I needed something for the Chick Fil A employee Christmas party.

I wanted something a little more conservative than what I had in my closet, knowing that I'll be around my bosses and the managers and the owners and everything, and so this is what I picked out. Also picked it out because I won't have to worry about finding a necklace to go with it, because of the jewels on the collar. I always have trouble picking the right jewelry, so this helps a ton.


I'm thinking of wearing it with either grey or silver tights, and the shoes that I'm wearing in the picture (which I know you can't really see) - my grey heeled ankle boots. And with my coupon, a $40 dress only cost me $25 including tax! So, I'm pretty happy about that. (Also, I've noticed that I'm more likely to buy things now that I've got a consistent paycheck coming in every two weeks...gonna have to curb that habit.)

I think that might be it for now, actually. Well, I got something written, at least. I'm working tomorrow (Thursday) from 4:00 to 8:00, Friday from 5:00 to 8:00, and then Saturday from 8:00 to 2:00, so that should keep me nice and busy for the time being.

I promise I'll post again soon! I'm getting better at getting stuff written and posted...it seems like Wednesdays and Saturdays are better blogging days for me, so maybe I'll be able to start posting twice a week, which would be really awesome. :)

No comments: