Tuesday, June 25, 2013

This Will Probably Be My Only Post For June...

Hello again, everyone. Yes, I do realize it's been a month since I last posted something. Life gets in the way sometimes. Other times, I'm just too lazy to come up with a decent post.

A lot has happened since the beginning of the month. Mostly, I've just been working a lot, which is nothing new. I did get a trainee, Hannah, but I really didn't train her much because this is just a summer job for her before she goes back to App State in the fall, so I trained her for two weeks and let her watch some videos, and she's already on the schedule, so I really didn't have to do that much.

I went to orientation at Forsyth Tech a few weeks ago. My mom went with me, and the whole group went on a little campus tour, and then we listened to a presentation, and then we went to register for classes. The computers were down, so we just had our pictures taken and our student ID's made, and then we went home.

I ended up registering for classes when I got home. I'm taking ENG-111 (Expository Writing), COM-120 (Intro to Interpersonal Communications), CIS-110 (Into to Computers), and MAT-155 (Statistical Analysis), and I just went ahead and signed up for one more CHM-151 (General Chemistry I). So, I'm taking a total of 17 credit hours for the semester, which is scaring me a little, but one of my co-worker's, Becca, who also takes classes at Forsyth Tech, said most of the ones I'm taking are easy, so I (hopefully) shouldn't be too overwhelmed. Also, yay for financial aid!

I've found new tv shows to obsess over. My mom started reading the Game of Thrones books, and she's loving them, so we bought the dvd set for the first season (since we don't have HBO and it isn't on Netflix instant), watched it and loved it. We just bought the second season, so I'm sure we'll start that soon.

We're also obsessing over the BBC show, Sherlock, which is, by far, a much better modern-day adaptation than Elementary. The first two seasons (six episodes total) were on Netflix instant stream, and even though each episode was an hour and a half long, I think we finished all six episodes in, like, three days. It was that good. It's also the reason why Benedict Cumberbatch is my latest actor-obsession.

I finally did some reading this summer. I found a book at Ollie's that I'd been looking at forever ago at Barnes & Noble, but never bought, called The Name of the Star, which was a story about a girl at a London boarding school, and Jack the Ripper, and ghosts. It ended up being pretty decent, especially since it was a hardcover, normally $16.99, but priced at Ollie's for $2.99, because of a cosmetic flaw.

In other news, we lost power that Thursday during the storm, and didn't get it back on until Saturday evening. And even then, we didn't have tv, internet, or phone until Monday afternoon. It was really boring, but it was also why I got some reading done, which I guess I should be thankful for.

I celebrated my graduation with my dad's side of the family this weekend. A couple of my aunts & uncles came over, and my grandmother was there as well. We had a smorgasbord of appetizers for dinner (frozen stuff from Trader Joe's is actually really awesome), and then had an array of desserts. I got money, a giant Hello Kitty balloon, a Despicable Me minion t-shirt, and a blue, wooden "A" for my room, and my aunt said that they'd get me a laptop as a gift as soon as I picked one out, because the one I have now is five years old and the hard-drive is failing. So, I'm getting a new laptop for college!

I've been writing a lot lately...nothing special, just writing, which helps me relax. I have one document that's just shy of five thousand words, and I only just started it a week ago. Problem is, I don't finish any of the stories I start, so they just sit there on my computer and take up space. I have to learn to fix that.

Right, well, I think that's about it for now. The rest of the week is going to be busy, so I can't promise a new post until at least next week. I'm opening four days in a row this week, which means getting up at 4 in the morning to be at work at 6. Wish me luck.

No comments: