Sunday, September 29, 2013

Yes, I'm Still Alive...

So, yes, I do know it's been, like, forever. Believe me, it's felt like forever. Life has been crazy, and I'm not even sure where to begin because I've missed blogging about so much of it.

Over the summer, I mainly put in a ton of hours at work, which is nothing new. I went to Disney World with my dad and brother, which was amazing. I felt like a little kid again. I went to the beach.

I started my freshman year of college. I just dropped my annoyingly confusing chemistry class because I couldn't take it anymore. I am doing fairly well in all my other classes. I am loving most of them, which is surprising.

I got to cut back on my hours at work because of my classes, which is pretty nice. I work maybe three or four days a week now, instead of five or six. I've gotten to know the kitchen staff a lot better than I had before. I am slowly learning to deal with the new people that don't know common sense rules like making sure your orders go out before you walk away. I am slowly warming up to Chris and his ways. I'm not as tolerant about being asked to stay later or come in early; I say no a lot.

I just recently did a birthday party, which was really nice. The family was very sweet, and they were really appreciative of me, which is always a nice bonus. Tonight (well, it's technically last night at this point), I worked 2 to close, and I got to be closing manager for the night. And anything that could have gone wrong, basically did. Instead of our usual four closers, I had three, and I had an order for three gallons of tea and three gallons of lemonade that didn't get made until ten minutes before it was supposed to be picked up because no one thought to tell me about it.

But, we made it through. I had to help Morgan clean the ice cream machine, which meant I was late starting on my money stuff for the night. The three of us (myself, Morgan, and Josiah) didn't get out until almost 11:30, which is pretty late. Normally, on Saturdays, we can be out by 10:45 or so, but oh well. More hours = more money.

My mom, brother, and I had the most amazing Downton Abbey premiere party last week. We made cinnamon streusel scones, a couple of different kinds of finger sandwiches, and tea, and got dressed up and everything. It was awesome, and it gave me a chance to wear this flapper dress I've had in my closet for month now and never worn. On sale for $10 at H&M (originally $50), and I had a gift card, so it technically didn't cost me a penny. So, we ate, and drank tea in real tea cups and saucers, and watched the Season 4 premiere, which was awesome.

 

Also, it's fall! The weather is still in the 70's most days, but the morning have been in the 50's, which has felt surprisingly good. So, I've been dressing in jeans for the past few weeks, because I leave the house at 6:15am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday every week for my 7:00 Expository Writing class.

I had some really pretty outfits this summer that I should have posted on here, but I figured I might try and start an "Outfit of the Day/Week/Month" (it's going to depend on how busy I get with school and work as to how often I can post), but I always liked when Sylvia featured an outfit she had put together. I thought I might try and do the same.

So, since I really need to go shopping for some new fall/winter clothes, I'm starting with one that is actually modeled after, oddly enough, Benedict Cumberbatch. I'd been wearing this outfit before I saw his interview on Top Gear actually, but I made a few slight changes to mirror the outfit in question the last time I wore it (different shoes, and keeping one more button open to show the white cami underneath).

 
 
 

 
So, yeah, that's about it for now. Now that I'm getting into the swing of things in terms of juggling school and homework and work, I should have a better grip on getting things posted. :)

No comments: