Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Knowing

I just got back from the movie theater. I saw Knowing with Nicholas Cage. I thought it was pretty cool, and I ended up catching some of the biblical references (even though I'm not religious). However, the stalker-like guardian angels were kinda creepy and the alien-like transportation system was weird. But overall, I thought it was really good - I love codes and puzzles, so the [date, deaths, location] list concept blew me away and the solar flare disaster scenario was neat (albeit a little scary that it could happen).
And we got a really good deal because tickets were $16 total (for the four of us) and the concessions (sodas & popcorn) were only $8 because the Carmike near Bethabara has a stimulus Tuesday deal, where small drinks and small popcorns are only one dollar each. So, a good start to Spring Break!

Fyi - I have a new theme song - Math Suks by Jimmy Buffett (I absolutely hate math class right now; we're learning about radical expressions, which is a really difficult and stupid skill we will probably never use in our life.)

Oh, and I plan to post every day while I'm stuck at home this week...so check back soon!

No comments: