So today's post is random stuff from the past week or so...
Movies - My mom and I rented Confessions of a Shopaholic a few days ago because she had read the book (I had not, but I wanted to see it anyway). It was really cute and pretty funny, too. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for some laughs...
Books - Just finished my sixth book of the summer, Rise to Rebellion by Jeff Shaara. I enjoyed it a lot; I'm glad they included a woman's perspective (Abigail Adams), as I was getting too used to the male point of view, a basic theme in any Shaara novel (duh!). This book is the first in a two-part series, Rise to Rebellion covering March 1770 to mid-July 1776, The Glorious Cause covering August 1776 to November 1783. And as you've probably guessed, I'm beginning the second book today.
Shopping - So I've been trying to limit my purchasing for the time being. However, this week was not one of those weeks. I ended up ordering a t-shirt from thinkgeek.com (check it out - it has some really cool stuff!). Anyway, the shirt has a design for the "rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock game", featured in the tv show, The Big Bang Theory, which I LOVE! And then I found some earrings on another website (Sorry Maggie, but I had to get some!) - they're mini-coin earrings. I got the penny ones and the nickel ones, but they had all different kinds, like Buffalo nickels, Indian-head pennies, Kennedy half-dollars, etc. all 3/8 inch in diameter. And I bought a new bike cuz when I went to see if my old one would still work, it was a tad too small. So I found a really cool blue cruiser-style one on walmart.com for only 80 dollars, and I only had to pay half (plus half of shipping) so I only spent 50 dollars. But it won't be here until between Mon. and Thurs. of next week...
Weekend Activities - So my mom is working all day at Whistlestop on Saturday, while my dad goes up to Danville (don't know if my bro's going or not). Then, Robyn, Shannon, and Elizabeth are coming over Sunday to spend the night. So I imagine we'll be going to the pool, to the mall, renting a movie, something like that. Then an orthodontist appointment on Tuesday, where I'll be getting my retainers...
Yep, so that's basically it...
4 comments:
Love Confessions of a Shopaholic! My favorite line is from the end when Rebecca is speaking in Finnish - "This is my friend. She is a very famous prostitute." :D
i agree! it an amazing movie! (not about the part maggie likes tho! haha.) i like it wen she's like: Men like you are the reason I left finland!
"Rebecca, did you just google [insert phrase here cuz I don't remember it]?"
"Yes, I googled." lol
Haha, I spent a bunch this weekend, too! I'm blogging about it on my blog, though, haha.
Confessions was awesome, though!
"Exactly how long has your ex-boyfriend been stalking you?"
"Umm... since we broke up?"
"I had a stalker once... except it was a dog..." or something like that, haha. (:
Post a Comment