Monday, November 30, 2009

Party Prep

This week is going to be very tiring...I can tell already.

Our long weekend was spent putting up decorations, cleaning, and painting (my dad took care of the last one). We basically have been doing party prep for the past few days, but it's nice to have things clean and tidy.
So today, we rearranged the furniture in our basement, which I guess really isn't a basement since it isn't really separate from the house. But anyway, we put our couch, which had previously been in the living room, down there, since my aunt got a new couch and gave us her old one, which was practically brand new. Then, we moved the air hockey table out, because instead of being used for its intended purpose, it's been used as a collection table, where all our junk ends up. We moved around the chairs, and vacuumed. Then, we dropped my dad's leaf blower off to get it fixed, and picked up lunch from Taco Bell. I ended up in my room in a futile attempt to finish cleaning my room, and was interrupted by my mom asking if I wanted to head to the mall. We needed to see if Deb had any more of my dress in the same size because the strap had been sewn on wrong. They didn't, so my mom will be sewing it prior to the party on Friday. We went next door to the Shoe Dept. and I found a cute pair of silver sequin flats that I'm planning on wearing with my dress. Then, we went to Sears, and my mom bought a new lamp base for our living room. On our way home, we stopped at AC Moore to get a ribbon bow for the wreath on the front door.
I've been playing with Ella, and watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Shrek the Halls, then transitioning to football. My dad won his fantasy game this week!

Alright, so that's my day. And really that's what I'm going to be doing all week, too. But it will all pay off on Friday!

2 comments:

Lila said...

so i was plannin on wearing an informal dress, big belt and cowboy boots cuz i just bought the dress & stuff on black friday, then i read ur post...am i supossed 2 dress more formal??? lol.

Alexis said...

No. I got a nice dress because 1) I'm the hostess, and 2) I needed one for my dad's office party next week. So I just decided to wear the dress for the dirty santa party, too.