Well, this week has been nothing short of interesting. A wonderful week overall...
On Monday, I went to the mall with my mom, looking for a purse. We looked everywhere, but nothing really called out to me. I was looking for something semi-inexpensive, but I realized that it's hard to find a nice-looking, nice-feeling, purse under $50. I found a couple nice ones, but they were both priced around $100, and I was definitely not getting either of those, even if my mom was paying. So, I'm still stuck with my blue one, but it's not like it's falling apart or anything, so I'll deal with it.
On Tuesday, I ended up watching a couple of movies. First up was Bonnie & Clyde (1967), and it was absolutely awesome. Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty made a convincing Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. The ending was really dramatic, and although that part was somewhat historically inaccurate, it was powerful nonetheless. The second film I watched was Dodge City (1939), starring Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland. It was a really cute movie, and the scene where Flynn (who plays the town sheriff) trips and falls in front of de Havilland inside the newspaper office had me in stitches.
On Wednesday, I got up early and watched Easter Parade, starring Fred Astaire and Judy Garland, but I was quite disappointed by it. Judy Garland does not hold any appeal to me. I need to watch The Wizard of Oz again to see if she's any better in that; I haven't seen it in so long. The only good musical number was the "Happy Easter"/"Drum Crazy" sequence that Fred Astaire did at the beginning. So, after watching that, we went out to get my hair trimmed, and then ran a couple of errands. We had dinner at my grandmother's that evening, and had a great time.
On Thursday, I had another movie day. [Can you tell that I love movies? lol.] The first one I watched was The Pirate, with Gene Kelly and Judy Garland. I thought I'd give Judy a second chance with this one, and yet again she didn't make an impression on me. None of the musical numbers really stood out either, so it was a bit of a disappointment. The second one I watched though, made up for it - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, a political movie starring James Stewart. Now, I recorded this one thinking that I would be bored out of my mind, but the movies I've seen James Stewart in so far, I've liked, so I thought I'd give it a try. And it was absolutely awesome. The filibuster scene at the end is extremely powerful, as well as very painful to watch...you can feel how tired Stewart's character is. It was a really great movie.
On Friday, I got up, finished my schoolwork for the week, which I had been doing in the evenings the rest of the week, and then we went to pick up barbecue for dinner. I sat around for a while, then messed around on the computer. After eating dinner, we watched tv for a while, and I let Ella out afterwards.
Today, I'm going to meet Sylvia, Emma, and Mayuka (who is in town for a few days from Richmond) at the movie theater to see The Last Song. I'm not really expecting much from it, the reason being that Miley Cyrus is in it, and I don't really like her. But whatever. Then, we're going out for dinner together and spending the night at Sylvia's house, which should be awesome.
So, I guess I'll stop here and say goodnight. Bye y'all!
4 comments:
I LOVE YOU ALEXIS!!!!! That was sooooo funny. Like you list all these really good old time movies. (My family is a big fan of movies from that era) and then at the bottom to mention you're going to see the Last song, and you were not expecting much of it. :D:D:D
Haha...love you too. Actually, The Last Song wasn't that bad - the storyline was a little over dramatic for me, but the emotions some of the scenes evoked were quite powerful.
Old time movies are my fave; I can't get enough of them.
The Last Song was too chick flicky. All I have to say.
I like your new background, by the way. (:
Yeah, The Last Song was just...ugh.
And thanks. I just picked it out this afternoon. It felt more "me". And you know how I like blue and green...haha.
Post a Comment