Off-Topic Note: I've been looking at "This Day in History" for a while now, and this week is filled with stuff. The start of the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln's assassination, Thomas Jefferson's birthday, the sinking of the Titanic...lots of stuff. Pretty neat. But anyways...
So this morning, I accidentally slept late, and ended up working on my schoolwork for a while before I had lunch. Then, Mom and I went to the nail salon near our house and got manicures and pedicures because we've both been complaining about the condition of our feet and hands. So, now my feet and hands feel awesome, and I have pretty dark pink nail polish on. I love my mother.
When we got home, I finished up my schoolwork and then messed around on the computer and texted with Aaron for a while. I put on my makeup and drove my mom over to my grandmother's house to pick her up for dinner. When we got home, Dad and Alfredo, his fraternity brother's son who goes to Wake, arrived, and we had dinner. Another reason I love my mother - she makes awesome lasagna.
So, while Alfredo was over, my dad pulled out his old Wake Forest yearbook, along with some of his other Wake and RJ Reynolds yearbooks. So we thumbed through those for a while, and I was skimming through one of his RJR yearbooks, and who do I find? Mr. Holbrook. Turns out, he and my dad were in the same year/same graduating class at Reynolds. Kinda cool.
Anyway, so after that, we drove my grandmother home, while my dad took Alfredo back to campus, and then I let Ella run around while I watched CSI: New York. And that's pretty much it, I guess. Not much to report, but I'm trying to post more regularly, even if it is just a boring retelling of my day. I'll try to do some deeper, more thoughtful writing soon, but tonight, I'm really tired, and my brain isn't working well. So, goodnight everyone!
2 comments:
Mr. Holbrook was in my dad's class at Tabor, too! Except, that was back when you were assigned to one high school for 9th and 10th and another for 11th and 12th. My Dad graduated from Reynolds, do you think they knew each other??? That would be so cool!
idk...What year did your dad graduate from Reynolds? My dad was class of '79.
I'll check my dad's RJR yearbook, see if I can find your dad. I wasn't really looking for anyone but my dad that night...I just happened to look down as I flipped through "h". But if your dad was in the same class as Mr. Holbrook, then yeah, he probably graduated in '79, too.
Post a Comment