Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Beach Trip Post #1

Wow, I have a ton of stuff to talk about. The past few days have been very fun here on Oak Island with my family and relatives...here's some of what's been going on. Right now, I'm just posting my schedule; I'll add some of the actual stories and funny things probably when I get home.

- We left on Saturday, drove for a while, had lunch on the road, then finished the drive. When we got there, we checked into the house, and then hung around until dinner. We went to the Lucky Fisherman, which is the place we always go to for dinner when we get in, and had lots of seafood from the buffet. Then, we came home and walked the beach, and then went to bed.

- Mom and Uncle Mark went skydiving Sunday morning, and then we went out on the beach for the afternoon. We had barbecue chicken sandwiches and corn on the cob for dinner, and then we watched Angels and Demons on Netflix.

- On Monday, we went on the beach for the day, and then had shrimp for dinner, and then headed out to the mini golf course (well, it was just Quinn, Katie, her friend Katie, Matt, Poppie and I), and I came within one point of Katie and Poppie, who tied for first. Then, we came home and pretty much went to bed.

- Tuesday Uncle Mark, Matt, Quinn, Dad, Katie and I (with Mom as an observer) went parasailling, which was neat. Not very exciting, but neat. I went up with Katie, and we had a great time searching (but not seeing any) sea creatures from up in the air. Then, we came home and had lunch, and then went out on the beach for the afternoon. We had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, and then we took a long, long walk to a sea turtle nest to see if there was anything going on, but it didn't hatch, so we ended up just spending a lot of time out in the sand that evening.

- Today, I got up late, and apparently, the water main on our block broke, because just as I was finishing up in the shower, the water cut off. But anyway, I got dressed and headed downstairs and had some breakfast and worked on the puzzle of the Vatican that we've had out for the past few days. Gramma and I went out to lunch, which was something she had been promising me since my birthday, and we went down to this little place by the pier called the Island Way Restaurant. I had a "Black and White Shrimp Sammy", which had blackened shrimp and parmesan cheese on a Kaiser roll, with chips and a sweet tea. It was awesomely good. We split a chocolate brownie a la mode, which was awesomely good as well, and then headed home. I ended up working on the puzzle some more with Matt, and am now just hanging out in the house until we either have dinner or until it cools down outside, because it is extremely hot.

So, that's what's been going on. I'm having a ton of fun, and it doesn't even feel like the trip's halfway over. I probably won't post again until I get home, but if I get the chance, I'll write something up later in the week.

No comments: