Wow, this week went by way too fast...anyway, I'm awake right now, sitting in the kitchen, watching Mom bake chocolate chip cookies to take to the beach. So, I thought I'd give you guys a recap of what's been going on in my life. But because I don't have a lot of energy right now, this is going to be short, sweet, and to the point.
Really, we've been prepping for the trip the whole week. Lots of trips to the grocery store, the bookstore, Costco, Rite Aid, etc. getting stuff for the trip. The highlight of my week was going to the mall with Sylvia. I got a ton of new clothes, including the dress I'm wearing right now, which I got at American Eagle, and looks like denim, but it's really not. So, I got that along with a new skirt, a top, a pair of shorts, two camis, and a pair of sunglasses. And I really didn't spend a lot for the amount of stuff I got, which is always a plus.
So, on Thursday, my uncle Mark and my cousin Matt got into town, and we went out to dinner with them before dropping them off at my aunt's house to spend the night. Then, today, Mom and I ran a bunch of errands in the morning. We had wanted to get our nails done, but the nail salon was so crowded every time we passed by, that we just kinda gave up on it and painted each other's toenails instead.
Then, we went over to my aunt's for a cookout. We had a great time; Mom's co-worker and her family joined us, along with some of my aunt's neighbors and friends, and then my grandparents arrived with one of my cousins and her friend, and then we ate (hotdogs...yum!) and had dessert and watched people swim before heading home. Dad and Quinn stayed a while longer, while Mom and I went back to the house to get some stuff done. Mark and Matt came later, in order to spend the night at our house, which I think was Mark's request.
And I'm still up at this hour. I've got most of my stuff packed, with the exception of my toiletries, and I'll have plenty of time to get that ready in the morning, because we aren't leaving until 10:30 or so. I guess we'll get in around 3, and go out to dinner and such. Our house actually has wi-fi or something, so I'm taking my laptop with me, which means that I might update every few days. Which would be good because then I would avoid the usual post-trip, bazillion-word post summarizing each day of the trip in detail.
Um, that's really it right now. I am so exhausted. I'm technically running on 6 hours of sleep from last night, and I know I won't get a lot more than that tonight, so this should be interesting...
2 comments:
Dear Alexis,
Your Snazy. But you should seriously add photos to your blog. So it will be more like mine. :D
Sincerely, Aaron.
I really should add more photos...because my blog is boring compared to yours. We don't have the USB cord for the camera here at the beach with us, but when we get home, I'll be sure to post some of the pics on here.
Post a Comment