Oh crap, I haven't posted in, like, a week. Oops! So, let's see...important events since I last posted...
- We went to view and order our photo sculptures on Tuesday, and that was cool. We ordered some sculptures and a couple of magnets and a couple of photo packages to put in our 'school picture' frames on our wall. And I got to drive around in the real dark, which I don't do all that often, and now with it getting darker earlier, I should be able to do that more.
- Dad was home on Veteran's Day, and so he started the painting of the basement/playroom downstairs. It was supposed to be all red, but the red that we had originally bought (and this was all years ago) was so hard to get even or whatever, so we ended up with a couple of red walls and a couple of white walls. So, Dad primed and painted this weekend, and now it's the same light brown as our living room and hallway/stairwell, and it looks really good.
- Dad and I went to the Wake vs. Stetson basketball game on Friday, which was cool. I got to wear the new coat Mom bought for me since it was going to be cold that night. Because we park in the lot by the football stadium and walk across to LJVM, so it gets cold. Anyway, Wake lost, which sucked, considering that Stetson wasn't even that good. But whatever.
- And Mom and I went out on Saturday to look for an acorn cookie cutter (we never did find one), so we stopped at AC Moore and Michael's to look around. And in the parking lot at Michael's was the cutest VW bug...in turquoise blue! Even the inside of the tire rims were blue! It was adorable! Haha, so, anyway, then we went to the grocery store, and we watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that evening, since we wanted to refamiliarize ourselves with the plot in time for the upcoming release of the first part of the seventh movie.
- And Sunday was sort of lazy...I hung around and watched movies on FX (Zoom, Daddy Day Care, and Kung Fu Panda). And then we had dinner; Mom made this really awesome taco bake casserole thing, and it was so good. And then I cleaned Ella's cage, and came upstairs and Mom and I watched What Happens in Vegas, which we'd already seen before but really wanted to see again, on FX.
Today, I'm just chilling for now. My homework's done for the day, except I still have to figure out when I'm going to watch the 1931 movie version of Frankenstein, because I finished the book, and this week's assignment is to watch the movie and then write a 500-word compare/contrast essay on the book and the movie. Except I think Quinn wants to watch it with me (no idea why), so I'll have to work around his schedule, too.
Dad and I are going to the Wake/Hampton basketball game tonight, and another one tomorrow vs. either VCU or Winthrop, so I have two days in a row of basketball, which should be cool.
Anyway, I think that's pretty much it, for now at least. :)
2 comments:
Hey, you should totes come watch the Reagan play today, tomorrow, or Saturday at 7. Just saying. :)
I'll have to see about that. With as much cleaning and grocery shopping and stuff we have to do to prep for Thanksgiving, and with my mom working all week, I can't promise anything. But I'll try... :)
Post a Comment