Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oh. My. Goodness.

Things have been just a tad bit crazy the past few days...here's my recap.

Friday - Mom and I went to Enchanted Cottage with Aunt Lynne, and I picked up some stuff to make Christmas cards. (My goal for the next week is to hand-make holiday/Christmas cards to send to all my friends and family.) So, we finished up shopping and then had lunch at Coppola's, which was yummy as usual.

Once we got home, Mom, Dad, and I went to Lowe's (the home-improvement store, not the grocery store), and picked up a few things and looked at pricing on garage doors and new flooring for the kitchen. And then we came home and chilled for the evening.

Saturday - We chilled for the morning, and then went over to my Aunt Carol & Uncle Bob's for dinner. Our family always gets together and makes chaotzes (pronounced 'jowsas'), which are these meat-filled dough packets boiled in water (kinda like ravioli, but totally different). So, we spent most of the afternoon and evening over there, and I had so much fun.

Then, we came home and watched Extraordinary Measures, which was great. I loved movies that are based on true stories. And stories with happy endings, too. And then, I cleaned Ella's cage, as usual.

Sunday - We didn't do much all day. Went grocery shopping with Mom, and then hung around. We watched Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, and then The Wizard of Oz on tv in the evening. I hadn't watched The Wizard of Oz in years (apparently we didn't watch it much when I was little because, according to my mom, I was afraid of the flying monkeys).

Oh my gosh, I forgot how crazy that movie was. And I feel so dumb, but I never knew that the people in the Kansas scenes are all in the main part of the story as well. The woman who tries to take Toto turns out to be the Wicked Witch of the West, Dorothy's three friends/helpers on the farm are the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion, and the fortune-teller is the Great Wizard of Oz. So cool.

Monday - I did all the usual stuff in the morning - homework, washed the dishes, etc. and then when Mom got home, I buried myself down in the basement and worked on my cards. I got five done in well, quite a long time. I took my time, and had to retry a few stampings and cuttings and things. But, I ended up with five pretty little snowflake cards. And hopefully, I'll be able to do some different ones this week, with some of the other colored paper I bought in reds and greens.

Tuesday - Again, I did all the usual stuff, and played around on the computer until Mom got home. Then, we went to PetSmart (I needed hay for Ella) and Walgreen's (I needed a couple of things), and when we got home, we chilled for a little while and then Mom and Quinn left to go to New China Buffet for dinner. Dad came home a couple of minutes later, and we went to the Wake basketball game against Iowa.

And, wow, it was a crazy game. Wake started off horribly, and at one point was down by eighteen. They were losing at the half, and then all of a sudden, everything turned around. Iowa started missing shots, Wake started getting the rebounds, and a couple of minutes later, they've taken the lead. Iowa came back, of course, but Wake kept it alive, and Wake had the ball with just over 30 seconds left. And of course, the stadium is going crazy, because it's all tied up at 73, and Wake had just blocked an Iowa shot, and they hit a 3-point shot with 2.7 seconds left. And the roof nearly came off the building. Anyway, totally amazing win...76 to 73.

And now I am really tired, and I feel like I've been writing for forever. So, I'm going to end it here. It's not like there's much else to talk about anyway. :)

No comments: