Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's Already November...

Okay, so, wow. It's November already. And a week into it at that...

So, anyway, nothing big going on right now. I'm currently looking at my wall calendar and laughing at how busy this month is...or at least it feels like it to me. Most of it is Wake Forest games, but whatever.

Well, since I last posted (on Halloween), my brother and I had our pictures taken for photo sculptures, which was fun. We did a purple and black theme (my profile picture on Facebook is actually from that night, after we got home), and I think they're going to look really great. We had dinner with my grandmother that night, and watched Criminal Minds like we normally do on Wednesdays, and all that good stuff.

On Friday, Dad and I went to our first Wake basketball game of the season, an exhibition game against Guilford College, which was cool. Kinda boring, since Guilford wasn't that good, so the score was like eighty-something to forty-something when the game ended, but still. We have some nice seats this year...we're still not downstairs, but we're like exactly center court upstairs, which is cool. The Goodmans, our seatmates, weren't there that night, but I look forward to seeing them at the game on Friday vs. Stetson.

Then, I went, like,  everywhere on Saturday. Dad took me to the mall in the morning, and I found a pretty nice Wake Forest long-sleeve shirt I can wear to the games when it starts to get really cold outside, and we stopped at the drug store to pick up a few things afterward. Then, we got home, and I had lunch.

And then Mom and I went out to Mt. Tabor to pick up barbecue from a fundraiser her boss' son's baseball team was doing, and then we took that home, went back out to pick up some pictures at Walgreens, then went to Enchanted Cottage to match up some papers for a scrapbook page Mom wants to work on. And then we dropped everything off at home and went back out to the grocery store to get what we needed for the week.

When we finally got home, I was so tired, so we had the barbecue for dinner, and Mom and I watched Changeling, which was amazing. Mom had watched it the night before while we were at the game (she rented it through Netflix), and she told it I had to watch it, so we did, and oh my gosh, it was so good! It's kinda hard to explain, so I won't try it here, but I would absolutely recommend it. And then, I cleaned Ella's cage and worked on setting up all the details for a get-together with Emma, Sylvia, and Anita for Sunday.

So, on Sunday, I went over to Mi Pueblo for lunch with Sylvia, Emma, and Anita, and I got to see Emma's yellow punchbug! And I'm so jealous...it's adorable! So, anyway, we had a good lunch (I had chicken soft tacos, by the way), and then Mom came and took us over to Carmike to see The Social Network, which was really neat. Except that the heat wasn't working in the room we were in, so none of us could feel our feet by the time the movie ended, but it was all good.

And then, after we dropped Sylvia off at her house, Dad and I went to pick up a rat at the pet store, and then went home, and we worked on the crossword puzzle and watched a little football. I had dinner, and then let Ella out for a little while, and then watched the last two hours or so of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie on ABC Family. And I remembered how much I love that movie...it is just amazing.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. Upcoming events for the week: photo sculpture picture viewing/ordering session on Tuesday, dinner with Granny on Wednesday, and a Wake game on Friday.

No comments: