First of all, Happy Halloween everyone! As I'm typing this, my mom is outside taking pictures of my brother in his costume, and then they're going to go out Trick-or-Treating. My dad and I are watching football.
So, everything's been going good. A couple of random points before I get into my story for the night.
- I am loving Frankenstein, and I can't wait to read the next few chapters tomorrow.
- My aunt and grandmother came over to visit today, and that was fun.
- I had a YouTube video break 100 views a couple of days ago, which was awesome.
And now, my story. So, my brother is going Trick-or-Treating as Link, from The Legend of Zelda video games. Now, there isn't really a store-bought costume for that, so my mom has spent the last few days making him a costume. And I got to sit there and make pop-top strands for a sort of chainmail-ish look.
And so I was up until 2:30 in the morning last night, threading pop-tops onto silver yarn, and Mom was up finishing off his undershirt and making his hat. So, in total, she made: one green tunic, one pair of gray pants with attached faux boots, one hat (with felt hair), one belt, and sewed long sleeves onto a t-shirt and then sewed my pop-top strands onto the areas that would show under the tunic.
So, my brother just left, and is apparently very happy with his costume, and I'm so freaking tired...I stayed up until close to 4:30 in the morning, what with doing the pop-tops and then answering Kate's civics poll, and checking blogs and stuff like I do before I go to bed.
So, tonight is just going to be relaxing now. Once Mom and Quinn get back (probably around 9:30 or 10), we're going to watch the Halloween episode of The Office, and the Criminal Minds episode that we missed this week because of the weather programs that interrupted our Wednesday shows. And I still have to take Ella out at some point tonight...
But, anyway, this week is going to be a little crazy because we've still got to get Quinn a few things for photo sculptures on Wednesday evening. So, we'll probably be going to the mall and looking for a couple of things. And then our first Wake basketball game is on Friday, so Dad and I will be going to that. It's just an exhibition game, but still, it's a game nonetheless. And then I think Emma's coming into town on Saturday, so we might be getting together...
Okay, well, that's about it for the night. Happy Halloween everyone! Boo! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment