Monday, October 25, 2010

I Did Nothing All Week, and Then The Weekend Comes...

I have thoroughly neglected my duties as a blogger for the past week, and for that, I am sorry. I was planning on posting on Sunday, but things got out of hand. [See below for explanation.]

Now, anyway, not much has been going on since I last posted, although this weekend was interesting...

So, Saturday was crazy. I got up, and had something to eat, and then Mom, Dad, and I went over to my grandmother's to clean her house. And I spent quite a while dusting all the tables and chairs and knick-knacks and such, as usual, and I got to see my aunt, which was awesome. And after we finished, we headed home, and Mom and I went out to run a few errands.

We went over to AC Moore, because Mom does these little photo-board-things that she puts up in her office at work, and she was making one for her skydiving pictures and needed some blue paper for the background. So, we got that, and then headed to Barnes and Noble to look at some of the homeschool stuff. And I ended up getting a couple of review books. Technically, they're ACT prep books, but whatever. I got chemistry and world history, so I'll be able to add a little more to my studies.

Then, we went to the mall, and I picked up a couple of things from Clinique that I needed, and Mom got a few shirts at Belk. And then we headed home, and watched the first two Harry Potter movies on tv, before I cleaned Ella's cage.

And on Sunday...well, Sunday was not very fun for me. I logged onto my laptop in the morning, and low-and-behold, there was something wrong. I was getting a message from one of the anti-virus programs that kept saying I needed to restart for an update to work, and it wouldn't shut down properly, and I had been getting a "blue screen of death" for a few days. So, anyway, pretty much my whole day, with the exception of lunch at Coppola's with Mom and Quinn (Dad was at a Wake soccer game to do some fundraising for Komen), working on fixing all the problems.

When everything finally did get solved, I let Ella out and that was all I had time for. I barely even got to watch Get Smart, our latest Netflix rental, but what I manage to catch was funny, but sometimes a little to much for me.

And today (Monday), I woke up really, super late. As in, like, noon. And I flipped out, because I never do that. I'm going to blame it on 1) the fact that I had pretty much been freaking out the whole day before, because of my laptop, and 2) it was raining, so therefore, it was dark outside, so it didn't feel as late to my body.

So, I got up, got ready, and ate lunch, and then washed the dishes. And then I went back into my room and started on my homework. I started Frankenstein today, and even though I've only read the prologue (really, it's a few "letters" from a character to his sister), I'm really excited about it. I read the unit introduction in my literature book, and it says the novel is actually nothing like any of the film portrayals; that Frankenstein's monster is not the clunky, ugly, stupid thing that the movies make him out to be, but a thinking, breathing, eloquently speaking person. So, I think that's why I'm so interested...it could also be the time of year, with Halloween being right around the corner.

Tomorrow will be much of the same, but that's cool. And now, I think that's it...

No comments: