So I'm leaving in about six hours (so when you read this, I'll already be on the road). I'm still not totally packed - I need to put all my essentials for the car into a tote bag. And pack my toiletries and my pool stuff (both my aunts have pools close by) and feed Ella before I leave. I'm taking lots of magazines, as well as a 600-page book, an iPod, my Nintendo DS and a portable DVD player, which I know sounds like a lot, but when you consider that I'll be in the car 28 hours round-trip, it doesn't seem as bad.
In other news, my dad got a job, after being out of work for over a year and a half. His new position is the events coordinator for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. We went out to dinner at Applebee's tonight, supposedly because my dad didn't want to dirty the dishes and have to wash them before we left. So we get our food, and he says, "We're not just here so we don't have to wash dishes later. I got a job and figured we should celebrate." And it was surprise to all of us - even my mom didn't know. Apparently the lady who was doing the interviews called this morning and said he had been unanimously approved by the board he had been interviewed in front of only a few days ago. So we're all in good spirits tonight for that reason.
Anyway, just thought I'd post something before I left. I may use the computer at my aunt's house to post something, or I may see if I can do it through my phone. I'll see you guys when I get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment