Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School

Okay, so today was my first official day of high school! Yesterday, we got all our workbooks, textbooks, and notebooks together. And, after running errands, which included a dentist visit for my mom, a stop at Barnes & Noble for some books, and a trip to Costco (where we talked with Mrs. Wheeler), we started our lessons.

So what kinds of things am I doing? Wordly Wise (which is like the thing in 6th grade we did in the morning - learning words & their definitions, with fill-in-the-blank type activities), geometry, economics, American literature (reading books by Hemingway, Crane, and Steinbeck), short stories, poetry (Dickinson, Poe, etc.), Spanish, learning about checking accounts, and I don't really know yet what for science.

Today was pretty easy, except for geometry, which took a little while to figure out (and the fact that I couldn't remember how to do roots on the calculator for the warm-up questions). But anyway, a good day overall...

Oh, and my outfit:
- black t-shirt with neon (pink, yellow, orange, & purple) peace signs
- denim shorts
- black sandals

Gatlinburg trip post coming soon!

No comments: