Monday, September 14, 2009

An Interesting Day

Okay, so I'm gonna make this a short post because I'm not going into all the details. I'm just too tired to explain it all...

So today, I woke up at 7:45 and left the house at 8:45. Mom signed the consent form when we got to Dr. Peoples' office, then I went back to one of the rooms. They hooked up various things, like heart monitors, IV stuff, and a blood pressure cuff. They gave me oxygen through a nose mask, then changed it to laughing gas, while Dr. Peoples found a blood vessel for the IV, which he sprayed with a solution that makes your arm feel cold (he calls it "penguin pee"), then sticks the needle in. And then, I was out.
I woke up with all the instruments taken off me, and gauze in my mouth. The nurse led me out to the car, and Mom drove me home. I slept for a couple of hours, then came out and had applesauce and water, then my antibiotic and pain medications. Then, I helped Mom finish the puzzle we had been working on, before coming back into my room. I think I'm going to watch the premiere of Leno tonight, that is, if I can stay up for it, which I think I'll be able to do.

So, in conclusion, I'm okay right now. The pain-killer medication is working, and somehow, I'm not drowsy...but we'll see how it goes later.

2 comments:

Lila said...

Well, I'm glad your surgery went okay!

Alexis said...

Thanks! Actually, it's been better than I thought. Not much pain or bleeding or anything. Just hunger, but the sooner I recover, the sooner I can have "real" food. lol.