Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gatlinburg Trip

So we spent a total of a day and a half in Gatlinburg, TN. We arrived just after noon on Sunday, parked at the hotel, then walked down the road to have lunch. We ended up eating at the Bubba Gump's right on the corner, and it was really yummy. And the restaurant itself was pretty cool, too. They had all sorts of Forrest Gump stuff on the walls, and the waitresses asked you trivia questions about the movie (I really need to see that movie again...I didn't know the answers to over half the questions our waitress asked!). So after lunch, we played a round of mini-golf at the Black Light course, a 9-hole, indoor one which was full of black lights, making the underwater theme look even cooler. And like half the songs they played were from The Little Mermaid, so I made a fool of myself (but had fun) singing along with every song. Then, we played one of the outdoor courses, walked around, went in some shops, then turned around, and walked back up the road by the stream. We got close to our hotel, and then decided to try the skylift, a chairlift that goes up the side of the mountain. It was really neat and relaxing. We went back to our hotel, watched a little TV, then went to dinner at one of the restaurants along the main road. We played another round of golf, then got funnel cake and headed back to the hotel for the night.
On Monday morning, we had breakfast at the Log Cabin Pancake House, then went out and played at Circus golf, which was really cool because you played with 3-D glasses on, so everything looked weird. Then, we went through the mirror maze, which was hilarious, because my parents didn't quite understand the concept of "look for the mirror that doesn't have your reflection", so my brother and I finished in no time flat. Then, we played at Treasure Quest golf. We messed around with the palm reading machines along the outskirts of the course - I got "lucky in love" on the one I tried. So then, we went up the space needle, which was really neat, before heading back to the hotel to get our car and leave town.
I had lots of fun, and as for our family mini-golf tournament, I won for the second year in a row!

Today, I worked on my school stuff, then Mom took me over to the drugstore to get my prescriptions filled for the surgery on Monday. And now, I'm downstairs, letting Ella run around, while I prepare to watch the opening kickoff of the NFL regular season. My dad's doing fantasy football again this year, which I'm so excited for...

No comments: