So, here I am, back in my room. I had an awesome time at the beach. Here's what I did.
So, basically, we left at 11am on Sunday morning, and got into Myrtle Beach at around 3pm. We got checked into our hotel, and then went out to eat at the Fish House, this awesome little (well, I say little, but it's really quite large...but it's quiet, cuz there's never a whole lot of people in there) place that Mom and Dad like because they have all-you-can-eat crab legs. But instead of having them buffet-style, they just bring out another cluster as you need. So, we had fun with that. Then, we played a round of mini-golf before heading back to the hotel.
On Monday, we had to go to this timeshare presentation that was part of the package Mom got with the reduced hotel pricing, and seafood buffet gift cards. We got in a round of golf first, and I think that was the day we played Minotaur Golf, and I got three hole-in-ones. So, the presentation was supposed to start and 2pm and go for about two hours, but it ended up taking three and a half, and so it was dreadfully boring. The only good part about it was that it was raining the whole time, so it wasn't like we would have been doing much else.
We went to Sticky Fingers for dinner, and we all had fun with figuring out our "Blues Names" on the card on the table...you use your first initial to find the first part of your blues name, then your middle, then your last. Mine was Fat Foot Jefferson, which is totally awesome. So, after that, we went back to the hotel, and went for a walk on the beach, and then sat in the hot tub for a while.
On Tuesday, we got up and went out to play my favorite course, Captain Hook's Adventure Golf, which I really have no idea why I like. I think it's the combination of feeling like a kid again with all the Peter Pan/Captain Hook stuff, and the whimsical sort of layout. But anyway, we played both the courses on that one, and then went back to the hotel to go to the pool for a while. I ended up just pulling out my book, which I had yet to start, called Waiting for You, and ended up finishing all 320 pages in just over two hours. It was a great book, by the way.
Then, we went out to Hook's Seafood Buffet for dinner, since that's the place we had gotten the gift cards for. It was a nice little place, and the food was good, too. So, after that, we drove over to Broadway at the Beach, and Quinn and Mom went into MagiQuest for an hour while Dad and I walked around. We looked in some of the shops...a couple of sports stores, a hat shop, a t-shirt shop, and RideMakers, which is like Build-A-Bear for guys, where you can make your own RC car. You get to pick a body, and then choose if you want RC or not, and then pick out your wheels and rims and decals and all sorts of good stuff. Dad and Quinn had done it a few years ago, but we always stop in because if they ever have a VW Punchbug/Beetle body, I'm totally making one.
So, then we went back and picked up Mom and Quinn, and we all went to Jurassic Golf and played both the courses there. And then we went back to the hotel, and my feet were killing me. And we watched Letterman and talked for a while, which was fun.
And, finally, on Wednesday, we woke up, packed up, and checked out, then played a last round of mini-golf, and then got some lunch. We went to one of our favorite spots, Cheeseburger in Paradise. I love the decor in that place; it's so tropical and island-ish and awesome. I had fish and chips, and we got fried pickles as an appetizer, which is one of my faves. And we had this awesome thing called a Copa Banana for dessert. It was basically banana pudding with Nilla wafers and bananas and strawberries and toasted coconut, but it was so good.
So, after that, we got on the road. And spent the next four hours on the road, part of which I spent watching a movie on my iPod. When we got home, we put all our stuff away, and then Mom and I went to pick up dinner from Frank's and get a few things at the grocery store. And then we came home and ate, and we watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, and then watched the episode of Lost that we recorded from Tuesday, which was really cool. Cannot wait until the season finale. And then I took Ella out and watched tv, and now I'm in my room, ready for a good night's sleep.
Oh, but wait...I'm having some emotional turmoil (well, not really, but that's the best way I can put it) right now. Why? Emma's moving. To their house in Oriental. Permanently. And not that we won't ever see each other again, or lose touch, or lose our friendship, because those things won't ever happen, I'm sad to hear that she's leaving. Because it just won't be the same without her. But we'll keep in touch, and I promised her that I'd convince my mom to let us vacation down there this summer so we could come see her. So, yeah, that's my issue right now. I'm still in this denial phase, where I'm like "This can't be happening. This isn't happening." because I can't imagine my life without Emma...weird, right? Oh well...
Okay, not I'm really tired, and this post has gotten really super long, so I'd better stop here. There's not much else to talk about anyway. So...bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment