Oh boy...these past few days have been crazy!
So, our project for the weekend was staining the deck. And doing all sorts of yardwork. So, on Saturday, my dad got the pressure washer from my uncle, and he cleaned off all of the decking in our backyard. Mom and I went over to Shouse and LA Reynolds to get some more flowers, and then we came home and planted most of the while Dad continued to pressure wash.
So, we planted everything, and then moved to the huge task of pulling all the lemon balm that had overtaken the pathway in my mom's "secret garden" area. So, that was annoying, and extremely dirty. Then, we cleaned off the trampoline, and sat around while Dad finished. Then, I got to pull the trigger on the pressure washer & shoot water everywhere. Which was awesome. I felt like Rambo with a flamethrower, except instead of fire, it was just water. But it made me feel cool. :)
Then, we went inside, got cleaned up, and went out to BLL Rotisserie for dinner. And we ran a few errands. When we got home, our neighbor came over to spend the night with my brother, and my dad and I watched the first game of the Stanley Cup Finals, even though the Hurricanes aren't in the running.
Yesterday, Mom and I went out and stained as much of the deck surface as we could. Which was fun, but sort of tedious and tiring, but it felt good to work on a big project like that. And by the end of the day, we had gotten the top deck, the railing, the stairs, and the lower deck done. We still have all the walkway to do, and the landing by the gate, which I hope we can get done this week. Hopefully, the weather will clear up, and we can get back out there tomorrow evening.
And today, we went to Enchanted Cottage with my aunt, and bought some scrapbooking stuff. Mom and I did a "make and take", one of the freebies they do at the store, where you can make a little something (this time it was a little card) for free. And then, we went over to Coppolla's and had subs for lunch before heading home. Mom and I went out to the mall to get a few things, and then we came back home, and I'm now sitting here, trying to figure out what I need to do for the evening.
Oh, and we're not signed up for Netflix, and the past few movies we've seen have been horrible. First was 2012, which I've already written about. Then, we got Public Enemies, which I thought would be cool, but it was kinda boring. And then, we just watched Surrogates, which had a really cool subject, but not a very deep plotline, which made it really boring. And it was only an hour and a half, which, had there been a stronger plot, maybe it might have been longer, but whatever.
So, hopefully, I'll be able to post sometime this week, but I don't know cuz I'm really busy all of a sudden. But maybe...
No comments:
Post a Comment