Sunday, May 9, 2010

Where'd My Weekend Go?

Another semi-busy week. Nothing much happened this week, but this weekend has been really busy.

On Saturday, we went out to lunch at Hutch & Harris, as an early Mother's Day celebration. My mom had us try the pimento cheese and hard-boiled egg pizza as our appetizer, and contrary to how nasty it sounds, it was actually pretty good. So, we had fun, just the four of us, having lunch together. That evening, we watched 2012, because Mom had just signed up for Netflix, and this was the first movie that came. It was just alright. Your typical disaster movie with total destruction, and only a fraction of the population able to survive via government-based operations. You know, I'd love to see one disaster/end-of-the-world type movie where everyone dies...haha, I know that would totally be a stupid movie, but I'd like to see it nonetheless.

Today, we had Mother's Day brunch with my grandmother, and I rediscovered my love of my mom's breakfast casserole, and I found a new love in waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. we gave my grandmother a box of chocolates and a card, and gave my mom her cards and a Coldwater Creek gift card. After taking my grandmother home, we went over to Walgreen's for some stuff, and then came home. I worked on the computer for a while, and then at six, we left to go to The Grand to see Clash of the Titans, as a gift to my mom, who has been hinting at wanting to go for weeks now. The movie was just okay - the 3D really wasn't all that amazingly special, and I personally don't really like mythology anyway, but as I say, "It was a good waste of two hours."

Oh, and my mom and I have been transplanting more plants from my aunt's yard. The pool looks really weird without any water in it, and the concrete decking has been completely taken off, so it looks like a disaster area. I really can't wait for them to have it done - the plans look really awesome. Oh, and I weeded a lot this weekend while Mom was transplanting. And this morning, I saw the little brown bunny that's been living in our yard. He was just sitting in the grass, and then ended up tearing across the yard for whatever reason. But it was cute while it lasted. (Whoa, that whole paragraph was really random...)

Um, I guess that's it...like I said, not much going on right now. I think I'm going to try to post a lot more, and have some posts that aren't just recaps of my weeks. So, yeah...

No comments: