Ah yes, back to the daily grind...Sarah and Aunt Sharon left this afternoon, and we miss them already. But, we had a ton of fun this weekend...
Basically, our Friday was kinda lazy. Mom got home from work, and we dusted and cleaned and all that good stuff, and then had dinner. At around nine, we drove to Greensboro to pick them up at PTI, and I got to drive on Business 40 in the dark, which was super-scary, but also super-neat. So, we waited around at the gate for a few minutes, and then we ran up to meet them, and hugged, and shared plane stories. When we finally got to the car, Mom drove back to Winston, mainly because I really didn't want to drive home, but whatever.
So, we got home, and talked for a while, and then headed to bed, and the next morning, we had breakfast and went over to the pool for a while, and then came home and had lunch and chilled. In the evening, Sarah and I got ready, and picked up Sylvia, and went to Coppola's to meet everyone for dinner. And then the group of us went over to Carmike to see Easy A, which was really good, and super funny, too.
Then, Maggie, Sylvia, Emma, Sarah, and I went home, and had chocolate eclair cake and talked for a while before Maggie's dad picked her up. And then the four of us played around on Facebook and watched SNL before going to bed. In the morning, we had breakfast, and Sylvia and Emma left, and then we sort of hung around for a little while. We went over to Aunt Lynne's for lunch, because she wanted to get rid of some of the leftovers from her pool party the night before, and so we had lunch and hung around over there. Apparently, her cats love me, because all Jessie wanted to do was sit in my lap, which was great until I started to smell like wet cat and noticed the tiny holes from his claws in my practically brand new jeans. So, anyway, we went home, and really just chilled for the evening, watched some football, played with Ella, things like that.
On Monday, we went to lunch at La Carreta, and Mom's co-worker, Jeannie, joined us. And we had a great time, and then food was awesome, and it was all good. Then, we went home, and dropped Sarah off, because she had to write a speech for school, and Mom, Quinn, Aunt Sharon, and I went to Enchanted Cottage and Accessorize This. We didn't get anything at the cottage, but we got drinks at Casanova's next door, and I had this Mocha Banana smoothie, which was really good. And Accessorize This was so cute, and I ended up getting a bracelet and a wallet.
When we got home, we rented Letters to Juliet on Movies on Demand, and I laughed at how many times they thought "Oh, this is going to be her Lorenzo", all the while having seen the previews that show exactly where she meets him. It was so good to see it again, and it's probably going to end up on my Christmas list. Anyway, that evening, Aunt Lynne came over for dinner, and we had barbecue chicken sandwiches and a bunch of sides, and we talked about a bunch of stuff before Aunt Lynne left. Then, Sarah and I let Ella out, and we pretty much went to bed after that.
And this morning, we got up, and headed back to Accessorize This, because Mom had gotten a ring, and Aunt Sharon wanted one of her own. So, I drove back out there, and ended up returning my wallet, because it just didn't quite work right for me, and I got a ring instead. It's just a really simple silver one with a flower and a leaf coming out from either side of it, but it's really cute. And so, we got back and had lunch, and then Mom drove to the airport. We dropped them off at the terminal entrance, and said our goodbyes and gave hugs all around, and then I drove home.
And I ended up having nachos and watching Dr. Phil and part of Oprah before crashing on the couch for what ended up being a two hour nap. And so, we watched out normal news/Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy lineup and now I'm going to head down and let Ella out and watch Parenthood this evening, but that's pretty much it.
No comments:
Post a Comment