Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Oh, boy. Well, I just changed over to the new post editor. (Yes, I know it's been available for a while; I was just kinda slow on changing it over...well, really slow on changing it over.) So, we'll see how this goes.

Um, well, the one fun thing we've done this weekend was that we had Granny over for dinner Saturday, and Dad invited Alfredo over, too. So, we had a lot of fun. Quinn was watching Little House on the Prairie all day, which was absolutely hilarious, because it's such a sappy show, and Mom was all "Oh, let me know if the episode where they dig for gold comes on!" Which it didn't, but whatever. So, anyway, Mom made lasagna, which we don't make that often, so it was a real treat for us, and we talked and joked around and had a ton of fun.

The swimming thing never did work out; everyone was really busy, and had other plans. But, Mom, Quinn, and I ended up going over there anyway, and my uncle showed us how to turn on the hot tub, so we got the water all heated up and got to enjoy the hot tub for a while, which was cool.

Today, Mom and I went to the pool again, and there was this humongous spider on the curtain in the gazebo, and so Mom and I left our purses somewhere else. Because who wants a spider (that had to have been a good three inches in diameter) in their stuff? Creepy. But anyway, we got some sun, and swam around, and watched the frog that seems to now be living within the rocks near the edge of the pool.

And then we came home, and changed, and went out to Applebee's for dinner, just because. And it was good, as usual, cuz I really like Applebee's. And then we went over to Gamestop so Quinn could get some Legend of Zelda game or something, and we stopped at CVS to pick up a few things before heading home.

Tonight is Dad's fantasy football draft, which I never did 'study' for. Oh well, I can read the ratings as we pick. Nothing for tomorrow; Mom's at work, so I'll be relaxing, but when she gets home, we'll be going over the schedule and textbooks and stuff for homeschool. Which we will be starting on Wednesday, after our dentist appointments.

I've just begun to realize how fast the past year or so has gone by. This past August marked a year since I got my braces taken off, and in a few days, it will be a year since I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Time really does fly...

No comments: