*takes a deep breath* Okay, so I am officially super-tired, but very happy... Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
So, yesterday we did a bunch of cleaning and straightening and all that jazz, and then we ended up making the desserts in the evening. And I'm not going into much detail because I'm both super lazy and it was all such a whirlwind that I can't really remember it all. What I do remember was that a firetruck, lights on and sirens blaring, came down our street and stopped in front of one of the houses a few doors down. I never really did figure out what was going on...the firemen left after a little while and the kids who live there were out playing afterward. But, it was kinda interesting.
And I dusted and cleaned for hours yesterday, which I guess wasn't as bad as it sounds, because I had my iPod on and was jamming along while I worked. When Mom got home, we cleaned some more, and later in the evening, we went to the grocery store for a few last-minute things and picked up McDonald's for dinner. And Dad hung the Christmas lights on the house, so now our house is all pretty and holiday-ish.
And today...well today was cool. I got up at 7:30 this morning and helped Mom make the stuffing. Then, I took a shower and put my makeup on and got dressed, and then we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which was fun. Not as good as last year's, but still fun. Mom made pancakes, and then once the parade was over, we started working on the sides and setting the table and stuff.
Once we had everything sorta ready, Dad went and picked up Granny and Alfredo, and we hung around and snacked and watched football until 4:00, and then Mom and I finished the cooking and Aunt Lynne and Uncle Herb came over. And we all sat down and had a really nice meal, and I stuffed myself. And then I stuffed myself even more with pumpkin cheesecake that my aunt made, which was so good.
And then, we hung around and talked and watched tv and Quinn, Alfredo and I played Mario Kart. And then we watched some football, and a show about pumpkin chucking contests (Punkin Chunkin), and then Dad took Alfredo and Granny home, and Mom and I watched the Taylor Swift: Speak Now special on tv.
I think I've washed and dried about half a dozen or so loads of dishes and bowls and serving platters. But, I think I've earned my keep for the evening. Not to mention that I didn't get into bed until after one in the morning yesterday, so I was running on six hours of sleep all day...but it was fun. And now, I'll be eating turkey and stuffing and veggies and desserts for the next few days...and sleeping, too. Haha, not really.
And omg!!! They're redesigning the VW beetle! Mom and I watched Oprah's Favorite Things: Part 2, and they freaking gave away cars! And not just any car, but a VW bug (my dream car), and not just any VW bug, but the 2012 redesigned version! So neat!
Okay, anyway, I'm done typing for the evening. I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
Haha, I don't really like the new bugs. The old ones are so much cuter.
I like the first redesign, like the one Emma has. The original bug is cute, but I like the sorta girly look of the first redesign. The shape of the 2012 car (they couldn't actually show anything more than the silouette) is neat, but idk how it's going to look. :)
Post a Comment