You know what? It actually happened! We got measurable snow on Christmas! Amazing! (Haha, can't you tell I'm on a snow-induced high right now? Just kidding.)
So, anyway, last night we ended up reading The Night Before Christmas and then setting out the milk and cookies. Then, we filled each other's stockings, and headed to bed.
In the morning, I woke up, took a shower, and put on my makeup, and then went into the living room. We did stockings first, and I ended up pulling out some candy, a bookmark, a ring holder, and a few other things, which was all very nice. Then, we opened gifts from our family up north - money, which was really nice.
Gifts from each other were next...we got Dad some clothes, earbuds, and a DVD. Mom got a video game and a ribbon organizer for her scrapbooking area. Quinn got, among other things, a video game and some toy sets. And I got all four of the items on my list, plus some really neat other things, including a Despicable Me minion plush from Quinn, which is adorable. One of the gifts Mom and Dad gave me was heavy...it ended up being a video game weighted down with bags of shredded coconut and powdered sugar in the box. Haha.
Then, Santa gifts, which were neat. I got the Despicable Me DVD, an American Girl outfit, a Lego Christmas Village bakery to go with my toy shop that I had set up, and a DaVinci Code fully-functional cryptex, which is amazingly cool. So, then we had breakfast - Mom's special breakfast casserole, orange rolls, and orange juice, and then I put together my Lego set.
We started on the food preparation shortly after I finished, and I helped Mom with some of the peeling and stuff, and then we all got dressed (I think I stayed in my pajamas until close to three in the afternoon). The family came over between four and four-thirty, and we finished the food, and then had some fun talking and eating and just being together. The food was awesome...Mom made bacon-wrapped shrimp, steakhouse bruschetta, canoli dip...well, a lot of food, and everyone else brought a few things, and by the time it was all said and done, we still had a ton of food left over.
So, after everyone left, we went out and took a few pictures in the snow, and then headed inside. Quinn and I had our usual "mysterious" post-Christmas-morning gifts on our beds...mine was an American Eagle gift card, which I am absolutely thrilled to have, because I shop there all the time, and they always have the coolest things.
Right now, Mom is playing the Wii game Quinn got her, Tetris, while Ella runs around at her feet. We're planning on watching A Christmas Story tonight, because we have it on DVD, and it's technically a tradition that we have to watch it each year.
Other than that, we're trying to figure out the best time to go to the mall tomorrow, since the snow kinda messed up our 10:30-3:30 plans. So, we will probably go in the afternoon, weather pending, of course. Not much else on the agenda for the week, other than going to the orthodontist to pick up my retainer on Wednesday. And then, New Years. Hard to believe it's almost the end of 2010...
2 comments:
Haha, your shredded coconut-weighted video game reminds me of a joke that my mother played on me. She's been holding this grudge against me because she's under the impression that I took one of her bars of deoderant to my dad's house. So, when I was opening presents, I came to one that was a heavy silver box, in which she had put four sticks of deoderant under the assumption that I would no longer "steal" hers. Parents are amusing sometimes : )
Indeed, they are. :) My mom, as I was pulling off the wrapping paper, said, "Now, you don't have to keep all of them. You can regift some," which I didn't understand at first, until I saw what she meant. She bought a few too many bags of ingredients when she made her Santa cookies this past week.
Post a Comment