Friday, December 10, 2010

I Love Fridays...

Well, I wanted to get on and post this while I can...

Today was really cool. I did my homework this morning, and then played around on the computer and had lunch and washed the dishes. And then I waited around until Mom got home, and then I drove her to the post office so she could mail a few things. Then, we went to the nail salon near our house, and I got my nails painted. This is what they look like:


I decided on a white tip with a red candy cane stripe. I'm thinking about going back and getting something different for Christmas.

And then, we came home and chilled for a little while, and when Dad got home, we went to the mall. Mom went off on her own so that we could get her the birthday gift that she wanted from Estee Lauder, and then we poked around the in Deacon Shop, and Dad talked with some of the people he used to work with there.

Then, we went to TGI Friday's for dinner, and I had the sizzling chicken and cheese, which was good. And then Dad and Quinn went to look at video games across the way, while Mom and I went up to Belk to look at the Free People section, which we always pass by and see cute stuff in. Except it's so expensive. So, Mom thought it would be cool to get me a Christmas or birthday present because she had a 20% off coupon for Belk.

So, we looked around, and there, of course, wasn't really anything wintry that I thought was cute. But, we poked around in the sales racks,and there was this really cute summery top, that I tried on and loved... (Excuse the busy pattern of my hammock chair...it was the only thing I could hang it on where the light was sufficient enough to catch the color decently.)


It's cuter in person, and you really can't tell, but the sleeves are really fluttery. So, anyway, we walked out of the dressing room, and we realized we hadn't even checked the price tag....


Don't know if you can tell, but the sale price on the tag was $17.98, and it marked it down an extra 40%. Mom couldn't use her coupon, but it really didn't matter because it only came to $11.63 with tax! It was originally $72, and then it got marked down to $35.99, and then to $17.98, and then again to $10.79, which I think we figured was an 85% total markdown. I don't think it gets much better than that. :)

So, anyway, that's what my day has been like. I'm getting up at 7:00am tomorrow to go to the Santa Breakfast at Messiah Moravian. I think I'm supervising one of the craft tables, which should be pretty easy, considering that most of the kids will have their parents with them. Quinn and Mom are working the reindeer food-making station. So, I should have some fun with all that...

No comments: