Saturday, December 18, 2010

He's Making A List, and Checking It Twice...

So, let's see...what have I been doing? Well, let's just say I'm in one of those holiday rushes, so I've been pretty busy.

So, the 15th was my mom's birthday, so we all wished her Happy Birthday and all that good stuff, even after celebrating the night before. And that was pretty much it until Dad and I went to the Wake basketball game. Thursday was much of the same, or at least I think it was. Like I said, holiday rush. Which means I'm very likely to forget things. Friday was uneventful, and we all just sort of chilled out and watched some of the recorded stuff we had on our DVR, The Sing Off being one of them, which I think is just awesome.

Today was fun. Mom and I went to Target after my dad got back from getting gifts for his co-workers. (His car is in the shop, getting fixed, so we're down to one car right now.) And Mom and I shopped around, and I got myself a new belt, and a pair of longsleeve pajamas (which I was very much in need of...I've been sleeping in my summer set - shorts and t-shirt - and putting about four blankets on my bed at night.). And we found a couple of little stocking stuffers for Quinn, and I needed body wash.

And then, we went over to Cato's, cuz Mom needed a nice shirt for the parties they went to this evening. (She absolutely waited until the last minute...duh.) And then we came home and chilled for a while, and then Mom and I went out to pick up McDonald's because she wanted something easy to eat before they left, and because Quinn and I kinda needed to eat, too. :)

So, we ate, and then they left, and I cleaned Ella's cage, and Quinn and I played Mario Kart (on the Wii, which I'm pretty bad at) for over an hour. And then we came upstairs and watched Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town, which we had recorded. I swear I watch it pretty much every year, and this year was the first time I could put faces to names of the actors who voiced the characters. Never had I payed attention to the fact that Fred Astaire is the mailman who narrates the whole thing. And to think I've been watching that movie and listening to him speak since I was little...oh, how did I miss that?

Anyway, little tidbit of note - we go into McDonald's, and what music is playing? The version of "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" from the movie, which I have not heard on the radio all season. [Ugh, I really cannot figure out this embedding thing...the video doesn't seem to want to shrink down to fit into the space I have. Well, here's the link if you want it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jQy_ppY2bI]

Oh, and I've been on a holiday movie kick. I finally got to see It's a Wonderful Life, which was amazing, and I watched Holiday Inn, which was really cool, (it's also the first film in which Bing Crosby sang "White Christmas"). And then I saw The Shop Around the Corner, which really isn't technically a holiday movie, except for the fact that it takes place around Christmas. And btw, if you've seen You've Got Mail, that's a remake of The Shop Around the Corner...pair of people who are corresponding with each other anonymously and think they're falling in love with each other, but they quarrel all the time in real life. Still have White Christmas to watch, as well as Miracle on 34th Street...maybe I'll get to them sometime this week.

Okay, anyway, I'm getting off track here. I've got a busy week coming up...we might be decorating at my grandmother's on Sunday, Monday will be pretty normal, then Tuesday, Dad and I have a Wake basketball game. Wednesday, Emma, Anita, and I are planning on getting together, nothing on Thursday, then Friday is dinner at my aunt and uncle's for Christmas Eve, Saturday is Christmas, and then on Sunday, Emma, Sylvia, Anita, and I are going to brave the crowds at the mall for some shopping. So, busy week! :)

No comments: