Well, I told you I'd post again this week. Not much has been going on though, so this should be a fairly short post.
We didn't do much this weekend, just sort of sat around. If we did something, I obviously don't remember it. Haha. Days start to blend together. I think I forgot to mention in my last post that we finally got our Christmas tree up that Friday. Mom loved how clean the house was after Thanksgiving that we didn't put up the tree the day after like we normally do.
As for the other decorations, it's kinda funny. We've got the lights on the house, the wreath on the door, the garland up the stairs, the stockings, the tree, and a few holiday handprint/footprint things Quinn and I made when we were in preschool. But, that's pretty much it. Normally, we'd have our array of nutcrackers, a light-up village set of some sort, stuff like that. I don't even have my mini-tree or Precious Moments village set up in my room. And I'm debating whether or not to even bring them down, considering that there's only a couple of weeks until Christmas...
Um, nothing much else going on. I started Emma by Jane Austen this week, and so far, it's pretty good. There's a lot of characters, so it gets a bit confusing at times, but it's all good. I'm trying to get it all read and all the work done by the end of December, which is going to be a challenge, but hopefully, I'll be able to do it.
Yesterday, Mom and I watched Get Him to the Greek, which was sorta funny, but not something I'd recommend. I think the best part was the random fight in the hotel between the main characters, which wasn't even that funny. So, yeah...don't know why I thought it was going to be funny.
I've finally got back into watching my movies. The second hundred seems to be going slower than the first, but whatever. I saw my first Hitchcock film a few days ago, Suspicion, which was pretty good. I also saw The Thin Man, Sunset Boulevard, and You Can't Take It With You (which I was able to check on my Best Picture list - 1938), which were all neat, too.
I've got a nice little line-up to be taped this weekend - It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas, and Holiday Inn - all holiday films, which should be cool. I was listening to the radio a couple of days ago, and apparently, the Carolina Theatre in Greensboro is showing all three of those films on the big screen this month...and if it weren't for the fact that it's almost an hour drive one-way, I'd totally ask my mom to let me go. But maybe next year...
Anyway, we're going to be running some errands on Friday, and then on Saturday morning, Mom, Quinn, and I are going to help out with the Santa Breakfast that her co-worker has been working on at their church or school or something, I can't remember. So, I'll be helping little kids with crafts from nine to eleven that morning, which should be fun. So, that's it, I think. If not, it can wait until the next post...
No comments:
Post a Comment